Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Sijo: Take A Chance
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
First attempt at Korean Sijo, a form older than Haiku.
Three lines, 14-16 syllables each line, break (approximately) in the middle, total of 44-46 total syllables in the Sijo.
A mouse tries to fool the cat, by running around its paws.
Escape is nigh impossible, so why not take a chance?
It won't know what will happen, unless it is a risk taker.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Like this very much, thanks for sharing!
Love, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Splendid Karla, I hope to try this one myself
lover and peace, Carole
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Excellent Karla, Jerry is a good teacher, but you are an A student!
|Reviewed by Aberjhani
|Enjoyed the sudden rhythmic snap and straight-up bold logic of these inspiring lines. The cat and mouse graphic is cool too:-)
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|This something new to me, Karla. Thank you for sharing it. Love and peace,
|Reviewed by Joyce Hale
|Excellent, Karla!! So much said in so few words!!
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|Nice ku, Karla! Glad you took a chance. The graphic is awesome!
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Well done, Karla. And thank you for the introduction to an appealing verse form. I like the subject matter, seeming to fit the style somehow. And, I dunno... makes me giddy just watching the visual, so reckon the mouse has only to keep runnin and the cat will keel over in a dead faint!! :)) Love it, TY Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Trish - The Trickster
|Wow, you did a fantastic job on this. Excellent.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Wish I had your abilities . the write...ed|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Well very good work on first attempt I must say
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Great picture with descriptive prose Karla.
Love and peace,
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
This intriguing sijo may very well take off...:)
Keep dancing around that cat, and confuse him...lols
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
Sometime we got to take our chances huh??
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Gotta say you got what it takes to try different forms, and in this case, your first foray into the world of Sijo is, as you like to say, spot on|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
"I am so dizzy, my head is spinnin'~" LOL
Interesting form of poetry, and I LOVE the animated graphic; too funny! LOL Much wisdom in succinct verse! Very well done; you've upped the bar on your talent yet again! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D