Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Senryu: Rrrrrrrooooling Blackouts
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
rrrrrrrroooolling blackouts in
the middle of a heat wave -
what are they thinkin'?
thing, they say, but does it help?
won't the power surge
after the blackout
overburden the system?
it doesn't compute.
supply and demand
is the reason they're giving -
(it sure ain't helping
the high utility bills -
making us hotttt - tter.)
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is a powerful write, very well done
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Electrical and gas: two ever-increasing necessities of life that are putting many people on edge, with no end in sight. Sad. Excellent (not to mention, illuminating *grins*) write; very well done! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Rolling blackouts: illusions that only they will understand. We know its wrong.|
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|So much for the lekky boards forward thinking....|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|So happy to say ours are under control for now!!
A stinker for sure!!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Seems like you just can't win! Hope all gets better for you!
Love and Hugs, Birgit and Roger (we'll stay in the freezer for an hour before we hug you :-))
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|I think when a company fails to give their client what they bill them for...there should be som compensation afterall...if we girls buy a blouse with th sleeve torn out we want our money back. Poor sevice and unequipped companies should be fined until their customers get what is their vow toward their clients. Being a provider is just that...
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla you do such a great job with these! I really feel for you with the heat, it is something I don't look forward to. I hate it when it gets to hundred degrees. I'm praying for you both! Take care!
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Yea vacation time is coming can't have things too easy now can we?
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Can't even begin to imagine this predicament, Karla. But a water shortage in Britain in early spring??? Crazy. Margarita had no water, but cheap as dirt rum and a tank full of gas for about one Euro. It's easy to start to realise the real value of money when all one wants is a glass of water or a fresh breath of air... And, sorry, I remain as ever Klueless Kate as to the mind-workings of the human PowersThatBe. Know great senryu when I see them, though!! :)) TY Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Still cool here, fortunately, 60's daytime, and into the low 40s at night...hope you stay cool...phone number will be on way to your email address...Ed & Rufuz|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|It is getting that time of the year. Happens every year. As they say s*** happens.|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
It seems there is an energy crisis all over the developed world just now !
Keep your thoughts on the Divine !
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Higher Utility Bills and Much Higher Gasoline Prices - Ain't Spring just grand??!!|