Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, April 21, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
I don't know *where* this one came from. I hope you like it.
Evening. And the sun, tired
after a long hard day,
puts itself to bed, pulling
multi-hued clouds over
its head, ready for the night.
Evening. And the windows are
open, inviting the
breeze to come in and set a
spell as Mama serves the
pot roast and vegetables.
Evening. Dinnertime over,
Mama and I go on the
porch, watching lightning bugs pop
out like stars, one by one,
in time to the cricket's rasp.
Evening. The loveliest part
of the day, when I can
curl up with Mama under
the covers, and take all
night to make her dreams come true . :)
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|It is very beautiful!
Love, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Beautiful and magical offering!!
|Reviewed by Robert Blackwell
|It could only come from your heart, and that in itself makes it beautiful.|
|Reviewed by Paul Williams
|Just a lovely magical write Karla. Excellent.
|Reviewed by totally anonymous
|outstanding! beautiful imagery|
|Reviewed by jude forese
|this is wonderful ... it recaptures the mystery, love and splendor of childhood ...|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Well you have captured us from morning into evenigh and did it with some of your best prose! Very beautifully imaged Karla! Kudo's!
Wherever it came from, keep it coming;-)!
|Reviewed by B Thomas Daniels
|woke up to a wonderful poem and now the sun sets in Texas to another
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|This is indeed one of your best and totally my favorite of all the works of yours I have read. Your muse was working hard to create this masterpiece of feelings.
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Add me to the tag-a-longs, for this is the way I was raised... under a different but same, evning sky over in Georgia. Beautiful memories seeping out of your pen, to give us an unforgettable evening. - Bill
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Your poetry of the night sky always is a reason to gout doors and look up. Thanks for the beauty of your pen.
Love and peace,
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Beautiful write, thanks for sharing this one with us.|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Evening does seem to be a magical part of the day for kids, when play has been played and it is getting ready for bed time after supper. Brings back images of my youth.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I love it, another great write from your pen
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
This is so pretty; very well done! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
I love this rocking on the porch...:)
Reminded me of summer nights in Georgia !
Love and Blessings
|Reviewed by john zimmerman
a lovely evocative study nicely done
|Reviewed by Cynthia Borris
Very relaxing prose. I was drawn into the scene and just wanted to put up my feet and stay a while.