Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, May 22, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
The air is greasy,
thick with humidity;
s t i l l n e s s rules the late
distant thunder rolls
with a lover's message;
darkness falls ...
The smell of ozone drifts
through open windows;
drum a song on the
roof, keeping time to the
We make love to the
patterns of lightning and
thunder ... keeping time,
our own storm ... after
the ride is over, we
will ride the whirlwind
back to Earth.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|most outstanding offering!!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I'll never view a thunderstorm the same way ever again, Karla; excellent and clever write! BRAVA; keep 'em coming! Very well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
Love, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Steamy and delicious Karla!
love and peace, Carole
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Riders on this storm...|
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|In your well chosen words, you know reveal WHY you folks out there are having so many earth shattering storms and disturbances! Now, for gosh sake, slow down, and let those whilwinds settle down to only tornadoes. . .
Good job, here..... - Bill
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
A beautiful poem here, keep up the great work
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Ride that whirlwind, might be better than a rollercoaster...Ed|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Superb poem Karla! Love the word usage!
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Fun energy that you lasso with passion. I love a storm and a sultry drink of passion. Sexey verse here Karla.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|The masterlady of weather poetry strikes again with this eyeopening poem of the storm.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|exceptionally well written ... the storm within is microcosom of its outward splendor and fury ...|
|Reviewed by Crystal Silver Angel (Reader)
|Karla, this is one of your best, dear...Excellent..
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
A very passionate and intense allegory of a striking thunderstorm from your accomplished pen...
Love and Harmony