Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Lost and Alone
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
The weight of the world
presses down like the sun
beating on my shoulders;
bills wait for no one.
Long walk made longer
in afternoon heat as
cars pass by on errands;
they don't include me.
The road shimmers in
an unwavering path
through the concrete jungle;
one step at a time ...
I feel lost and alone.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|We all feel like that at times and then, we will realize that we are never alone and can always find our way. We send lots of love to you!
Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Powerful write, Karla; you are always in my prayers! Very well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :( >tears <
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|I know these sentiments and truly, I empathize with you. Love and peace,
|Reviewed by Suzie Palmer
Wherever you are; that's where you're meant to be at this moment.
Trust your inner guide. You're right on track.
Sometimes it seems we are moving backward or sideways; but in all cases we are moving closer to where we're meant to be.
Love to you and Karen.
Hugs & Love from Oz Suzie xox :-D
|Reviewed by Rebecca Burns
|you are so deep and creative, always thinking, always sharing. you are never walking alone, ever. Your pictures speak as much as your words.
Love & Peace,
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|My heart hurts with you!
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|There are times when all relate. I wish you strength and love and there is a hidden message in the graphic along with your painful plea. Look at all the PEACE signs. You see how everything can be seen differently at times.
Keep your strength up as you are INDEED loved!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|You are never alone with the Lord by your side, you are in my prayers
|Reviewed by totally anonymous
|felt that one brilliantly written|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I know that feeling intimately. Keep on walking. The end isn't as far as you might think it is.|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
I agree with Anita's compassionate words below
I can neither add or subtract from her astute comments
|Reviewed by A PAX
|Alone in spirit maybe, but not alone in life,
You have your sister, and friends
I know life gets hard, and it is not possible to be dismissive
But God is watching over one as sweet and big hearted as you
You are one of a kind.....a unique, talented individual...
you are in my thoughts and prayers
blessings and hugs