Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, June 30, 2006
Rated "PG" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Honor those who paid the price for the freedoms we enjoy.
There is a bitterness to your tears
fall from the midst of your pain;
'Was the sacrifice you paid worth it?'
There is a scared little boy inside
I see before me; don't worry, I
I know you are hurting deep within.
A terrified little girl shivers
the woman in front of me; nothing
can calm her fears...should we remember?
I honor you today, Veteran, and
and every man or woman who
donned a military uniform:
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Miss Pandora
|A truly beautiful dedication. Panda|
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Beautiful said, Karla. Every veteran will be loving it, every family member and friend of a veteran will be loving you for writing it.
Guess, we both love ya :0)
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla this is a great write here, keep it up
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|You said it, Karla; you said it better than I ever could! God bless our men and woman in uniform and remember the sacrifices they made to ensure our freedoms! God bless you, and thank YOU for YOUR service! Very well done; brava!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
Happy Fourth of July to you, and thank you for this reminder during this holiday! God bless America again!!!
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Damn Straight, Karla, Damn Straight - And None of Us Should Ever Forget Them.|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Thank you for sharing Karla!!
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|Thank you for this, Karla...your words are so true...freedom is not now and has never been free. We need to honor them every day of our lives because without them, we would be living a very different lifestyle to say the least.
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|You've taken the valor one step further to the secret child who faces war as a man/woman just beautifully constructed with your love.
I appreciate you Karla!
|Reviewed by Taylor Ryan
|Value the inner child in all of us sheltered by the strong exterior or the uniform of one who protects us today.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Fine work in this reality bite Karla! We need to be reminded often!|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Without our brave soldiers we would not have a Fourth of July Celebration . . . Very good, Karla.|
|Reviewed by A PAX
|Thank you for this :)
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Until we find that magic formula to stop war, we need such men and total committmment. This is a masterful statement in poetry. Thanks you from a Veteran. - Bill
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Nice sentiments...well said|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
|Reviewed by Sue Hess
|damn straight...you said it all|