Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Will mankind ever learn?
I miss those days that
only come once in a while:
You know, the kind when
all is right with the world;
when there is no war or
threat of attacks from
distant nations; when
people get along and
trust each other; when
there are no such things
as hunger or discrimination
or poverty; when peace is
the law of the land; when
Heaven turns its smiling
face towards us...those
days, I'm afraid, are long
gone...and I miss them.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Powerful write Karla!!
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|No reviewer would feel these words deeper than I do. I have seen those days gone forever in my country as we stay without peace for 16 years.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Powerful write, God help us!! Very well done; keep 'em coming!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Man has not changed. Just the military might has...
I don't recall a day of world peace..
Enjoy inner peace K..
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Will mankind ever learn?..
I very sadly doubt it, Karla.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|we'll never feel secure again in an insecure world ...|
|Reviewed by Erin Kelly-Moen
|You must have far-ago-memories to memory such as no war, Karla. As always, I learn from your words, and your spirit.
And, as always, I remains yours, my love.
Erin Elizabeth Kelly-Moen
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Sweet and lovely remembrances that seem to be a thing of the past. That is unless we determine we are going to renew those times with each of us giving the love and affection to one another that we used to! But we have kind of lost ourselves. I think 9/11 has a lot to do with how we have changed.We need to think about how we can do better as a society.Thanks Karla for making us think!|
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|Those days have now turned to dreams and I wonder if there will ever be a time when we will feel that secure again.
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I miss those days too Karla, keep it up and be blessed in the writing
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Perfect write describing how most of us feel in todays chaotic and terror filled world.
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|To answer your question...no...mankind has never learned.
Wishing and warring for peace is like screwing for virginity.
Good work...nice to read you again.
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|I miss those days too.
Sandie May Angel a.k.a. Sandie Angel :o(
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|I was just lamenting this very thing with Mariah this past weekend and the pure simple, good things in life are passed by for faster and quicker with little or no value anymore. Thanks for spelling it out for us. We need to be reminded.
Love amd peace,
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Me too, Karla. I hope your situation is leveling out some.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Richerson
|i miss believing the idea of such days existing in the future, too. Dawn|
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
To be honest, I can never remember such days....
We have always been under attack or threat since Time Memorial...
Keep up your guard
The enemy never sleeps..
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Those days are indeed wonderful, but not all of us are ever blessed enough to enjoy them. However, let's keep our hope alive, if all of us want it, how could it be denied.