Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, July 17, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
John 3:16: 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
the Destroyer pries
the air from your lungs,
eagerly: he is determined
to spread the wasted
ashes of your soul over
the parch'd landscape.
the thief that stalks
your soul is out there,
in the hazy heat and
humidity, giving you a
preview of what hell
certainly must be.
The flames roar; his
torment marked by the
smoldering ruins and
cries of pain that
echo in the distance:
ones that could be ours.
At least, here on Earth,
relief comes in cooling
showers and the change
of seasons, and in the
promise of salvation:
choose life and avoid the
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|A really great write! Try to stay cool,
Love and Hugs, B&R
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Superb poem Karla, with fiery imagery that stirs the senses!
Write on sweet soul!
Thanks for all the prayers right back atcha;-)
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Excellent form and crafting, Karla. You make the point so visually and persuasively and certainly bring more than a little something of the intensity of the truth to bear here. Love the clarity and penetration. Very well done! And thanks for all your family prayers... I'm fine as far as I know, but that's not saying a lot!! :)) LOL Kate xx|
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|Love the last verse. As Andre says, "Never rest your pen, poet." :-)|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Amazing write here, I love this piece
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Too hot to dance and too wet to plow again today. The weather guru is saying this is our fate for ther rest of this week. If it's this hot what will August and September's heat be like I wonder.
Keep it cool!
Love and breezes,
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Gotta beat that heat..
But if there was no heat, then there could be no light, cos, heat make light, and light puts out the dark.....
I'll be up all night thinking this one through...
Thanks Hotty Texas Totty...
|Reviewed by richard cederberg
|A very clever extrapolation of the gospels dear Karla.
"Choose Life and avoid the heat" INDEED!
There is judgement coming for those who do not choose the Truth. I will bet my eternal life on it!
I salute your ingenuity poet!
Stand strong in your trials, the rain is coming!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Well written Karla!!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Taking the Word to the masses are you, Karla. Nice going . . .|
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|We should not let the devil steal our hearts as otherwise we shall find ourselves in the eye of the fire. Powerfully written
|Reviewed by Susan Sonnen
|very, very cool! (no pun intended!)
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Good message in this smoldering write; very well penned! BRAVA! Loved the spiritual references here; outstanding!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
We would do well do avoid the " Big Heat "...
Run for cover...:)