Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Tropical Storm Chris may intensify into a hurricane and move into the Gulf of Mexico. Here we go again!!
Took my CDL Class B permit test. Failed. Trying again tomorrow. Pray for me...thanks.
If you aren't ready now, you'll
never be; get out while you still
have the chance; once the rain starts, the
winds follow; by then, it will be too late to escape.
Don't get caught in the belief
that it will never happen here; look
what happened along the Gulf Coast states;
Katrina; Rita; Wilma; they are still trying to rebuild.
It's better to be safe than to
be sorry; maybe the storm won't
hit; you can always go back; but why
take that chance? It is too great of a risk.
While the roads are still passable,
get out; before the waters rise; before you run
out of food; before the power dies; before becoming
the latest statistic; don't let the opportunity pass you by.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Great message Karla!!
I promise I did not send any bad weather your way!!
Love Tinka :)sorry about the fail...oops!!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Encouraging message, well crafted!
Love and hugs, B&R
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Excellent message, Karla; very well done! Get out while the gettin's good!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|get out; before the waters rise
Very sage advice, and we're all rooting for you on that test.
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|And just as we were thinking of moving back to Texas.
|Reviewed by Theresa Koch
|Powerfully true~stay safe`*|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I am praying, great write my friend and I will be praying for your test as well
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Hope the storm listens. Beautiful write|
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|I hope you and Karen are okay...
Sandie May Angel a.k.a. Sandie Angel :o)
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|Hang in there my friend......|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Sorry about the test, but I worry about you driving with your problems...good advice about the storm, hope it isn't necessary.
Don't get down Karla you can only do what you can, no more is required. Keeping you in prayer. Eileen
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Relax with the class B test. Was it the written or on the road test...? Either way, each time you fail, you learn a little more...deep breathing helps to relax...I will keep you in my good thoughts...Ed (& take your own advice from above regards storm preparations...)|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|I will keep fingers crossed that you pass your license and that the storm will pass you by or at very least be no more then a nusiance.
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Fair warning and here's praying that Chris will pass on by the states and go out to sea.
Love and peace.
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
Let's hope and pray that it does not materialize..
And I am praying that you pass , Karla !
Love and Prayers
|Reviewed by Susan Sonnen
|praying for you on both accounts!
|Reviewed by Rhonda Galizia
|YOU GO, KARLA! THAT IS SCARY STUFF!
MY SISTER-IN-LAW AND HER BEST FRIEND ARE HEADED FOR THE GULF! THEY JUST LEFT IN THE WEE HOURS THIS MORNING...
I'LL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOU PRAY FOR THEM, TOO! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.........GOOD WRITING! BE SAFE!