Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
For the family of Gerald R. Ford (1913 - 2006). God bless you; I'm sorry for your loss. Not only yours, but ours, as well.
Winter lingers in ev'ry
frigid breath drawn, exhal'd
in mourning white. The deep
chill is felt more acutely
in the bones, each pain a
mortal keening; envy, perhaps?
You escap'd the bonds of Earth;
you slipp'd away before I was
ready to let you go; you soar
with the angels, now. I wait
in your shadow, waiting for the
sun. Spring is late in coming.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman. (12/27)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Daring Sunshine
|Ditto to what Victor said. Truly beautiful, Karla!
|Reviewed by Victor Buhagiar (Reader)
|A beautiful poem, not only as a tribute but also for its expression. Vivtor|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|A beautiful tribute Karla...
peace and love, Carole
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Excellent Karla, Gerald R Ford was a great man, and a great poet
|Reviewed by Phillip William Allen
|Excellant pen Karla.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Gerald R. Ford will be missed; he was one of our better Presidents. There will never be another one quite like him; may he rest in peace! Wonderful tribute, as always, superbly executed! BRAVA, Karla; you have done him proud! :)
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :( >tears! <
|Reviewed by H. Lena Jones
|Isn't it great that God owns the real estate on both sides? You have written a fine tribule, Karla. God Bless you and your family, too.
Heaps of love
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Outstanding tribute Karla!!
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|A wonderful tribute to one of your past country's leaders. Well stated Karla.
|Reviewed by Joyce Bowling
|Beautiful write my friend, compassion can be felt within the lines of the beautiful tribute. Enjoyed!
|Reviewed by Susan Sonnen
|beauty spills from this, Karla...I hope this poem finds them