Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Don't know where this came from...
... in a dream, you are never disabled;
you are whole; perfect;
no part of your body betrays you; you
run with the cheetahs;
you leap as high as an eagle can soar;
you are S u p e r m a n !
Muscles and nerves hum in concert; pain has
no meaning to you;
you are the poster child of wellness; you
can do a n y t h i n g.
But then reality slaps you into
the chair you tried to
escape ... if only for a moment, if
only in a dream.
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Daring Sunshine
|Sometimes dreams are a reflection of how God sees you and wants you to know you are okay just the way you are!
|Reviewed by CJ Heck
|Thank God we have our perfection, if only in our dreams. This is very good, Karla, and it speaks the truth.
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Everyone needs the dreams...excellent write Karla
love and peace,
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Dreams are good friends...but quite deceiving too!!
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|Yep, you're right. All inhibitions and other "reality" disabilities lie dormant. Good poem.|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|if only for a moment, if
only in a dream.
Dreams can be marvelous things, and I think life would be far worse if we never dreamt them.
|Reviewed by Susan Sonnen
|Well written, Karla~|
|Reviewed by Lynn Barry
|Excellent...go to www.lifewithoutlimbs.com for an inspiring story that changed my mind about limitations...HUGS|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Ahhh but maybe dreams are the creators way to let us live the way we could if we could choose.
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|No one can write, say or sing about pain without having felt it.
Perhaps writing alleviate the physical ailment by strencthening the phyche.
Hold it going!!!
|Reviewed by Amor Sabor
|This is an exceptional piece of writing from start to finish.
|Reviewed by Donna Quesinberry
|Dream paths are so eerily perfect or daunting.
You've captured this well here.
Love your work Karla.
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|Oh karla, if only it wasn't a dream. If only.....
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Exceptional poem Karla! Only one who has been there can write it like this! Kudo's
|Reviewed by J M
|WOW what a dream Karla to run this fast.......... Or soar that high.Only in dreams.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
A powerful, yet thought provoking write; very well done! BRAVA! Keep on soaring; the Lord will see you through!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :( >tears! <
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I have always said that it is what we bare that makes us who we are, and truth be told, if I could change what I have been through I wouldn't for the simple fact that it has taught me to lean on the Lord, it has taught me what it means to truly be strong, Melissa use to say why dwell on what i don't have, because dwelling isnt going to give it back, but that does not mean I don't wonder, and I don't cry out, this is a wonderful piece
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|Always nice to dream up what you want.
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|Ah Karla, if only dreams could come true, this is so moving,
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|When life goes distant and we face the hardship of living, the beauty we have to look forward to is in dreaming.