Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Life in the Alley
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
"...Never boring and always/
electric to watch!"
The skies shaded in
darkening hues of terror; clouds
swollen, pulsing with
malignant intent --
the wind, hushed befoere
the chaos to come;
red boxes issued;
radars crank up; weathermen
go on high alert,
matching the high risk,
Spatterings of rain
do not cut humidity,
only enhance it;
the birds go silent
as sirens moan in warbling
pitches of warning,
'Take cover! Twisters
in the area!" Chasers
converge with the storms --
should be used to this,
I'm not. I'm not! But this is
life in the Alley,
Tornado Alley --
never boring and always
electric to watch!
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (4/25)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
Remind me to stay out of Tornado Alley during storm seasons LOL. A great write, thanks for sharing
|Reviewed by Kathryn Collins
You've got my heart going with these words and images. If you get the chance, tell me about red boxes.
Excellent poem about the feelings of fright and the power of nature.
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Beautiful offering Karla!!
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Beautiful poem. It has a power within its verses that stimulates the mind and soul|
|Reviewed by LadyJtalks LadyJzTalkZone (Reader)
|You pen the awe of even natures furry well. Glad you are all safe. Lady J|
|Reviewed by K. Mulroney
|It must be terrible to have to wonder each and EVERY day what mother nature has in store tonight. Gripping piece.|
|Reviewed by Andre Bendavi ben-YEHU
I have enjoyed the contents and thoughts dealt in "Life in the Alley".
A true composition in poetic excellence delivered.
I salute You, Poet.
Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|Your poetic images are wonderful. Reading "Life in the Alley" I could nearly feel the electrical current of the storm all around me.|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|An electrifying, and enlightening write, StormSpinner!|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|As one who has only heard of Thunder Alley on the news and TV the idea of so much of Nature's fury concentrated in one area both scares and intiques me and your writes always bring us into the heart of it.
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|You really are a storm yourself, a whirlwind of words carrying a rain full of rhymes.
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
|don't like living in areas of Tornado warnings(where my daughter Lives) and hurricanes evacuations, (where I'm at presently residing)
but what can we do but roll with the puches
Love & Peace
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Better you than me...e|
|Reviewed by Evelyn Simon
|Karla, I hope all is well where you are. I've never experienced a tornado, and I hope I never will. I wonder if it's as scary as the force of hurricane winds? Love and Blessings to yah. :o)|
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|We sure have tornado looking clouds tonight
My your good karla..
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|A great poem, Karla! So vividly descriptive, it couldn't be better!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I don't like it any better than you do; but here we be. LOL
A terrifying poem guaranteed to get the sirens a wailin'; great imagery! WOW! Excellent; one of your best! Simply outstanding! *clapping*
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin (and fellow stormphobe), Karen Lynn. :0
|Reviewed by Larry Lounsbury
|Only seen one Tornado, but the lightning is always a great show.|
|Reviewed by George Carroll
|Not to my liking and I feel for those who lose their lives and homes when hit by a tornado as happens each year.|