Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
I Am Blessed! (One Minute Poem)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, November 09, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
What have I to complain about? :)
Morning. The sounds of birdsong
awaken me with pleasant reminders
of blessings that I can hear. The sun
shining in through the window reminds
me that I can see. My body slowly
rises out of bed, reminding me that I
can move. What have I to complain
about? A roof over my head; food
in my stomach; alive and breathing ...
I am blessed, I am blessed, indeed!
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (11/9)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by JASMIN HORST SEILER
|Ed, said it as well, as it could be said, but bless you for the poem, and thank you! Jasmin Horst|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Oh Karla you are absolutely right. I have often reminded our children through the years to be thankful for they are not cold, hungry or naked, they are surrounded by love and can walk, run, sing, talk and see all the gifts given to them. Life is so beautiful. Thank you.
Newfie Hugs coming your way, Rose
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|I have a complain, you didn't come back with a cup of coffee, no sugar and a dash of cream.
You weren't all awake yet?...
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|a wonderful write-and way to look at life|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|So well said Karla. Thanks for the reminder. God is great.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Amen! You say it well Karla, and He gets the glory!
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Yes sometimes we do need to take simple inventory of the things we have not the things we don't have.
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|It is the small thing, they say which tell us we are blessed. I maintain that being able to see, being able to breathe and being able to get out of bed is not small things, they are miracles . . . WE are miracles . . .|
|Reviewed by A PAX
|A poem written with intelligence and good sense.......
we do take alot for granted, its a shame, and do complain over the petty stuff, makes the big picture fade, when in reality its lovely
thanks for this reminder :) pax A
|Reviewed by Barbara Smith
|Oh Karla, this is so inspiring and written so well...love your voice of sincerity I hear in each line and I like the beautiful picture too. This is a good one.|
|Reviewed by Michael Guy
|That's the SPIRIT, I'll remind myself of the same (as I face the "cold" Florida morning-to me!) Another great photo.|
|Reviewed by Walt Hardester
|Thank you Karla, I feel better already.
|Reviewed by Axilea MU
|Thank you for helping me see a few essential things on a particularly cold and rainy day. I woke up with a headache, lots of negative thoughts and decided to change this. Then, I read your poem. Isn't it a happy "coincidence"? :-)
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I am blessed too, we just have to look about us, and see how good we have it. So many others don't. Thanks for this powerful reminder; God is indeed good! I'd say this was God-inspired writing; very uplifting! BRAVA, extremely well penned!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. ;D
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Blessed are those, who know they are blessed!|
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|Indeed, Indeed,, Blessing surround us, We Just Have To See.
A wonder gratitude for the Blessings He gives.