Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Working Title: Weather Movin' In
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Rated "PG13" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Hearing Garth Brooks' "The Thunder Rolls" inspired this.
His face, a fast moving storm front
overspreading the marriage
vows to love and to cherish. Clouds
of fury consume all in
its path until nothing remains
but lightning, flashing and roar
of fist-sized hail beating her to
the ground. Bitch, he says. Your fault.
Shouldn't have pushed, couldn't leave well
enough alone, could you? No.
Had to get up in my bidness.
Stop your cryin or I will
give you somethin to cry about.
Where's my dinner? I'm hungry.
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (11/28)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Powerful write, the graphic speaks volumes
|Reviewed by Charlie
|It's never too late to back out...|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|The emotion within this piece is palpable...scary
peace and love, Carole~
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|That one is like a Darth Vader without the mask!!!!!!!!
Scary thoughts, scary poem!
|Reviewed by Walt Hardester
|Ok, I got my Garth Brooks songs mixed up. I thought thunder rolls was about a young boy learning about love from an older woman. See? I can be wrong.
|Reviewed by Kimmy Van Kooten
|Toss it out the window and pray for the sun to come out and burn his ass off! LOL!
Damn girl, you got it in ya...I wouldn't want to mess with the StormSpinner! :)
Love and Peace~
|Reviewed by Mary Coe
|Storms can be very bitter. Interesting write.|
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Ftraky graphic. I don't follow Garth Brooks so this is totally strange for me. Is this about a song or about his marriage?
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Karla on the Storm...He looks like Lord Vordamor....|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|I don't know, kinda gives me flashes of "Riders on the Storm," and oldie, but a goodie . . .|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Karla, your interpretation of storms and life just keeps on getting better and better! Dark, disturbing piece about the horrors of abuse; God help those people who live in that situation every day! Very well penned; brava! The pic fits tne nature of this perfectly!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(