Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Katrina: What A Mess
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, January 05, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Katrina was a mass of
clouds cooked hot by the waters
of the Gulf of Mexico
until she boiled over and
overflowed - what a mess she
left behind. Still cleaning up ...
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (1/5)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Powerful write, keep these coming
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|More like the boiling over of a witche's cauldron.
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|It's funny how they are still recovering but the rich effected by the fires in CA were responded to immediately. A big difference in the way both disasters were handled!! Nice job, Karla:)
|Reviewed by Kathy Armijo
|After all this time, one would think the mess would be cleaned up and folks could return to a "normal" life. But, such is bureaucracy. Bummer.
God bless you. Kathy
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|The scars are inside as well as outside. I got outta there just in time. Love,
|Reviewed by Rebecca Lerwill
|Been to Beloxi, Mississippi a year and two years after Katrina. Not much changed in those 12 month....
Nicely written, though!!
|Reviewed by Axilea MU
|I agree with the first comment. And I think that it is good to remember.
Thank you Karla.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Yes and it will be along time before it is forgotten for the momentos left behind are a constant reminder
|Reviewed by Joyce Bowling
|A storm to never be forgotten that's for sure...sad write, but the truth and well penned! Hopefully such a tragedy will not strike again...hmmm, I don't know it seems that strange things are happening all around us in the day we live in...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Katrina sure did leave a mess--one mell of a hess! Sad that parts of the Southland where she blew through is still unhabitable, still in need of a major clean up/repair job! This should have been taken care of immediately after it happened!! Tragic! Very well penned, Karla; brava! May we never forget what Katrina did--and may we never experience such horror again!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|When nothing else is about drag the slut Katrina out . . . Wait for her twin . . . Cantrina . . .|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|what i am glad for though--and i know i am far from the tragedy, is the beautiful humanitarian efforts that have shown the best of what we humans can be--we have done better that our leaders|