Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Ode to Poets: Phyllis Jean Green
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
She writes so vividly, you are taken where she is - a most comfortable place to be. :) Thank you, (((Pea))), for your Southern Grace and hospitality.
Image (c) 2005, Karla Dorman
Her words invite you
to kick shoes off, sit a spell
on the front porch swing
you close your eyes and relax,
knowing you're finally h o m e.
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (5/8)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|Isn't that the truth!
I love love love the photo as well... almost as tempting to kick the shoes off and watch that!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Little bare feet on the floor. Swinging inthe front porch swing. What child hood memories that brings back. A marvelous story and tribute to a poet. Stay safe. JMW|
|Reviewed by Sandie May Angel-Joyce
|Wonderful tribute to a wonderful poetess!!! Phyllis words are always heartfelt!
Sandie May :o)
|Reviewed by John Leko
|...great words of tribute to one fine poet.
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Price
|What a wonderful tribute for a great lady and fantastic poet. Liz|
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|...and home is always warm|
|Reviewed by Charlie
|A poet with atmosphere. Write on. --Charlie|
|Reviewed by Andre Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Wise and outstanding tribute to a true American Artist and Poet.
Thank You for honoring this daughter of Mother Poet through the golden lines of "Ode to Poets: Phyllis Jean Green".
Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Reviewed by Chantilly Lace (Reader)
|Beautiful writing for a beautiful lady,well done sweet lady...have a wonderful and safe day...Hugss|
|Reviewed by Lavendar Jazz
|A wonderful tribute...|
|Reviewed by Bonnie May
|I sat many time with her and enjoyed tremendously. Great job Karla, lovely pic and lovely write. Love, Bonnie|
|Reviewed by MaryGrace Patterson
|A nice tribute to her!....M|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|A Wonderful Ode to Pea!|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|This is so beautiful and true, for those words are so Phyllis and she is so deserving of your words. Thank you Karla for sharing.
Newfie hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|Sounds warm and cozy,,,, Well done Kala for Pea. :)|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|...wonderful words of praise for a womderful and well deserving lady.
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Phyllis Jean...a pearl that from time to time we are allowed to take a glimpse of in that ocean of words.
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Well stated and perfectly penned poem.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Nice tribute, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Pea's southern style poetry makes one feel like they're listening to their Mama recountin' memories. Her words are as comforting as a warm quilt on a chilly morn. You capture her beautifully with this one. Very well penned; brava! She will love it (as I do). The picture is absolutely stunning!~
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twink, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|Awww, she is one precious soul, always with a delightful tale to share with all. You do Phyllis justice with this gem of a heartfelt write....
Be always safe,