Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
It's Baaaack ...
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, May 23, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Memorial Day is traditionally the arrival of summer. Got started early here in Texas ...
Thank you for your prayers for Daddy; please continue.
Image (c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
... so humid, you can
slice it with a knife,
serve it with a side
of sweat. butter and
i hold a race to
see who melts faster:
too close to call. would
get out and enjoy
but it's too hot ... thank
God for inside, where
it's cool all the time.
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (5/23)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|The warm weather has been evading my part of the country so far. Today, may be the onset of it. God bless. JMW|
|Reviewed by Victoria's Poetry & Voices of Muse
ok now, I am missing warm weather. I didn't need my furnace last night, but did need covers :(
Thanks for warming me up :)
Embraced ~ Embrassé
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Been to Texas many times Karla. All I can say is, it's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. A friend of mine lives in the Houston area. Had to ice the pool before using it. lol NO WAY! Way too hot and humid for my bones. Great write however. God bless.|
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|Thank God indeed for inside-shelter.|
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|Great descriptive weather write. Just the opposite here right now--rainy and cool outside.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|We actually got a cool down, your Dad reamins in my prayers, thank you for sharing
|Reviewed by Tuchy (Carl) Palmieri
|Hi Storm Spinner love your poem and it's hard to imagine the spinners out there as I am in Ct. All the best
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Prayers always and stay inside where it's cool!|
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|I don't miss that humidity! Up here in MT we have had pouring rain for the past two and a half days...We currently have a flood watch in our county. Sigh... What ever happened to normal weather patterns?
|Reviewed by Ev McTaggart
|I love the "side of sweat..."
Know what you mean. I like my heat dry!
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead
|Reviewed by Bonnie May
|Oh, yes, its here the heat. Great write my friend. Still waiting. Love, Bonnie|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|It's back, and with a vengeance, I'm afraid! As much as I LOATHE the heat, I'd much rather be hot than stormed/tornado'ed/rained/hailed upon! LOL Great write; brava!
Those poor folks in Colorado; Lord, be with them!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :)
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Summer is the evil twin of winter or it is the other way around?
But I prefer going summer commando that have my wool underwear in a twist.
|Reviewed by Lois Christensen
|Prayers for your daddy, certainly. Looking forward to memorial day and hope it is going to be warmer than it is now. It is so cool the past week. Unusual for us, you must have all the heat down there.|