Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
With Friends Like These ...
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, May 23, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
FICTION, for me. But reality, for far too many -
The words came to me in less than five minutes - if they save one life, the tears cried will have been worth it -
Image (c) 2007, Karla Dorman
... her white jacketed friends could not save
her --- no, not the doctors, although they
tried to. They made promises they could
not keep; they kissed her tenderly on
the lips, and carried her over the
threshold of madness into a room
of her own undoing. They found her,
cold and unmoving, her hand clutching
an empty bottle --- her friends, long gone.
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (5/23)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by John Leko
|...counting cracks in the walls...and with despair...trying to look upward.
excellent write Karla...
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Their cries for help too often go unnoticed. Frail souls reaching out for help in the wrong places, bottles, pills, and drugs. So many wonderful souls, lost. So sad. God bless JMW|
|Reviewed by Tuchy (Carl) Palmieri
|All to often this is sad but true. Thank you Karla
You spin quite a storm
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|Glum and gloomy... I imagine this happens sometimes.|
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|sad and melancholic. I can almost feel the cold air from the unfriendly room|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Solitude is a very cruel mother...
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|So sad, Karla.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Scary deeply felt! Karla,your few words speak volumes.
Addiction of any kind leads to misery...
|Reviewed by Mary Lacey, Desertrat
This is so sad, an alcoholic dying alone friendless. Such a tragic end.
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|A never ending reality for far too many these days. I pray God will intervene and guide them all down a better chosen path.....
Be always safe,
|Reviewed by Lois Christensen
|Friends rejected her and did not stay with her at the end. She was too far gone to be helped even with the doctors' as I understood this poem. It is a sad piece of work but should be a warning to others to take heed and support their friends and help them til the end. True friends don't leave either.|
|Reviewed by Jackie (Micke) Jinks
|Oh, Karla...too sad...but we never know what friends may do in despair...behind closed doors. We can only give our friendship and love...and pray. Well told, friend...
Blessings and Love ~~ Micke
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|So many wasted lives, so many unshed tears. Powerful writing.
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Too sad Karla for I hope this is not for real, it sure makes us think. Thyanl you for sharing.
Newfie Hugs are on the way, Rose
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is sad, but its the truth for all to many, its a heart breaking reality
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
O, this one is strong!! No holds barred, in your face writing that grabs the reader and doesn't. let. go! Powerfully penned; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( >Tears! <
|Reviewed by xxxxxxx cccccc
|This is quite some poem. Enduring.|
|Reviewed by Bonnie May
|Oh Karla, tears and more tears for that dear soul. I hope it was fiction and you have not lost a friend, So heartbreaking. Love, Bonnie|