Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
When Mama ain't happy ...
Image (c) 2007, Karla Dorman
... the clouds lower until
they touch the ground;
hands of anger throw
my toys across the land.
A Voice roars: "If you
can't learn to take care
of what I've given, you
don't need them." Think
I'm grounded. Should
have cleaned my room...
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (6/10)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Wow! What a powerful photograph. When she raises her voice, everyone had better listen. Well done Karla. Stay safe. JMW|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|hmmmmmmmmm. Now there's some food for thought. Well done Karla.|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|OH may! so you ain't cleaned your room yet! then, don't complain when all those thunders come until you are done!
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|love the humor here! and a great analogy|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|I love it! Cute write, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Wow! This reminds me of what I felt as a child when I did something wrong...
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|Perfect personification of the weather!
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|yes, a mother's fury is like mother nature's!!!|
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|That's a neat way to describe mama's fury. Cute and nicely done.|
|Reviewed by A PAX
|Reviewed by Lois Christensen
|Furious black cloud, looks tornado like to me. Smoke going all around. A child seeing her things going astrew would be quite upset, even if they don't take care of them, they still want them when needed. I so love to watch children at play on their little riding toys with their legs going so fast. Fury is a great poem.|
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|I can feel the chaos,,, great write Karla!|
|Reviewed by Chantilly Lace (Reader)
|Just wonderful sweet lady,well done indeed...stay safe and well OK...Hugss|
|Reviewed by Mary Lacey, Desertrat
|So cute, can imagine what a child feel. Great
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Good metaphor! Many a time I've felt like she's givin me a good spankin when I've got dirty and wet at the beach, but at least, in this instance, her fury is perhaps a righteous indignation. We've toyed with her patience long enough, I fear... Another great write, Karla. Kate xx|
|Reviewed by ~ Holly Harbridge (Reader)
|This is fantastic Karla, love Holly|
|Reviewed by John Leko
|...great write here...gives nature and mother...the upper hand.
well done Karla...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Love the sense of humor in this; shades of Mom in this one! BRAVA, Karla; enjoyed~
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Karla, the beauty of fury is the way you write it. - Gene.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|You kick it up a notch to match the fury,well done, Karla!ET|
|Reviewed by Gianetta Ellis
|Love this! There's a lot of depth to this beautifully simplistic expression - great job, Karla!|