Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· C'mon, Get Happy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Flag Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Really, God? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome To Hell's Kitchen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Pioneers of the Plains, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I Hate Good-Byes, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mo(u)rning © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Ground Zero, copyright Karla Dorman
· Daddy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Red, White and BOOM!
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore, © 2013, Karla Dorman
C'mon, Get Happy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Flag Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Really, God? © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome To Hell's Kitchen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Pioneers of the Plains, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I Hate Good-Byes, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mo(u)rning © 2013, Karla Dorman
Ground Zero, copyright Karla Dorman
Daddy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: For The Fallen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: Brought To You B(u)y ... © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: How Do You Thank Someone For Dying? © 2013, Karla Dorman
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,249
... brought to you free/at a price many paid too much for ... .
Image (c) 2005, Karla Dorman.
... the anticipation of waiting
for full dark, for the lighting of red,
white and BOOM! of fireworks. The parades,
the picnics melted into July's
heat; the cool of eve refreshes as
families gather in one accord
to celebrate freedom and what it
means, to remember those still fighting,
those who've served for the 4th and ev'ry
day. Never forget as each mortar
thuds skyward and bursts overhead in
a salute for peace, brought to you free
at a price many paid too much for.
Now - sit back. The show's about to start.
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (6/29)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by MaryGrace Patterson
|Thanks for shring... Times HAVE CHANGED, but our flag still waves proudly above this vast nation!......M|
|Reviewed by Robert Wilson (Reader)
98% of the fireworks
are made in China
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Freedom is a right each individual should have and excercise it in full potential. Well done dear sister|
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|Thank God for the great men who volunteered so we can all have the freedom we enjoy...|
|Reviewed by Lois Christensen
|Love the boom of the fire works and the sparkling of them too. Amazing what we can view in our world. I already saw some last Sat. night, Can remember many times from childhood I went to see them and we took picnic lunch along and sat on a blanket and just relaxed with family.|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Yup . . . And the beat goes on . . .|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|A beautiful write karla and if you get the notion to quit again just pinch yourself and say, " I've got too much to share". Thank you for sharing.
Newfie Hugs are on the way, Rose
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Very well said Karla. And to think you were going to give up and quit. Get that stuff out of your head my friend and God bless.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Very nice reminder of what it's all about.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Great reminder of why we celebrate a holiday like Independence Day: if it were not for our brave men/women in uniform, we would NOT be free! God bless 'em, every one!! (And thank YOU for YOUR service!!)
Can't wait for the fireworks!!!! WHEEEE!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :) *SALUTE*
|Reviewed by Edwin Hurdle
|The spirit of the 4th is at its finest in your poem.I like it
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|The true meaning of The 4th of July!|
|Reviewed by Charlie
|...can't wait! --Charlie|
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|A salute for peace in every boom! Great way to
celebrate the 4th, Karla. Thanks. =gene.