Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, July 21, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
Hot out there ...
Image (c) 2006, Karla Dorman
... smothering blanket heat,
sweat. Blooming in the
secret places, expanding
to moisten all. And then
August to look forward to:
Summer. Never. Ends ....
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (7/21)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|" the long hot summer" -- I still prefer it to the long cold winter -- God bless --JMW|
|Reviewed by Charlie
|This is beautiful poetry. I love the first 3 1/2 lines especially...the end just sums it up, but the first part is really, quite beautiful. "blooming in teh secret places, expanding to moisten all..." Beautiful! --Charlie|
|Reviewed by OnepoetGem *the Poetic Rapper
|hot here too Karla, almost 100 degrees, summer ends and then it's back to freezing, slipping andd sliding, nice down to hot heated earth verse hot cha|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Karla it will have to cool down sooner or later and then we'll be saying so darn cold wish it would warm up lol. Thank you for sharing.
Newfie Hugs are on the way, Rose
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|August seems so far away and yet, you blink and there are you in the middle of September.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Ahh but then it does and we wish the cold would go away but do not what you mean.
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|You warmed me up with this heat!!
Or is the blush on my cheeks menupause...lol!!
Very cold here though!!
|Reviewed by Bernice Angoh
|Beautiful lines, great photo!|
|Reviewed by Michael Guy
|almost like 2 haiku. Your great at short. And how true, though summer does eventually end, we are never far away from its most intense effects living in the sub-tropics. And now y'all in Texas will have a hurricane approaching the coast by tomorrow more than likely. Hope it doesn't hit further up where you are...HELLO DOLLY!|
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|So true, Karla. But then...we'll always have October. -gene.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I bet t his is when you wish you were in A L A S K A! I know I am wishing this; I'd give anythin' to get outta HOT Texas!! Excellent write about a sore subject with us! Glad we have air conditioning!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twinkles, Karen Lynn. :P *pant, pant*
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Do I remember you complainin' about the winters colder weather or was that me...LOL, Ed|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|You have me sweating,Karla;-)...I just heard forecast for huge hurricain along whole coast of Texas. Please take care, even if you aren't in that area,I'm sure you'll get some of its effects to write about!...Love, ET|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|It's been hot here too, thank you for sharing
In Christ's Love