· Running with the Enemy
· Our Hart, Elegy for a Concubine
· My Splendid Concubine
· 26. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 26 of 26
· 25. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 25 of 26
· 24. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 24 of 26
· 23. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 23 of 26
· 22. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 22 of 26
· 21. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 21 of 26
· 20. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 20 of 26
· 19. Runing with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 19 of 26
· 18. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 18 of 26
· 17, Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 17 of 26
· It is Time – Relief for Victims of Lone-Wolf Killers such as James Holmes
· Living on the thin side of Black Ice
· Getting Oriented
· Learning to Love and Hate while teaching ESL in the Middle Kingdom
· The Release of The Concubine Saga is another Cheap Marketing Ploy
· The Story behind the National Debt
· Using Alchemy to Disarm Psychological Vampires
· Learning what Win-Win Really Means
· Review for Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
· In Defense of Tiger Mothers Everywhere
· The birth of a child called Prose
· The Luxury of Heartache
· Learning from Death
· Putting Cupid's Arrows on Ice
· The Never-Ending Book Promotion Blues
· Walking the Path of Dead Explorers
· LIttle No More
· Honorable Mention at 2013 San Francisco Book Festival
· Please support this vital Amazon.com petition
· Found Guilty because of Reckless and False Speech
· A Goodreads Giveaway for Runing with the Enemy
· News to Share December 2012
· Historical Novel Society
· Midwest Book Review for Our Hart
Lloyd Lofthouse, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
In China, twenty million died during the 19th century Taiping Rebellion while being plagued by the Opium Wars; the Arrow War; the Boxer Rebellion and World War II with additional millions lost. During Mao's time, forty million more died.
While a twenty-five
And his brothers
Behind high walls
And sturdy gates
Hidden among narrow lanes
Cut off from reality
What they wanted to hear,
A wall of
Advisors and secret service agents
Circle America’s President and
The White House too
With gardeners working.
Did the Roman and British Empires
Take the same well traveled path?
Visit the beauty and tranquility of Prince Kung’s palace and gardens at:
My Splendid Concubine
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Bonnie May
|Your write and eyes see so much that we have missed. Thank you for sharing this with us. Love, Bonnie|
|Reviewed by Keith Rowley
|Excellent. I only wish that more of us could see so clearly.|
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
|Very relevant, Lloyd, the deafness and disconnect of the powerful and elite...
"Cut off from reality
and that fine question at the end pointing to the cyclical pattern throughout history. Do all empires implode rather than explode, too self-concerned to survive? Fine serious point of view.
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Answer: Probably. And the path probably started with the Egyptians.
Or Mesopotamians, even. It's the rare leader who sits down with the
"people" he suppoedly leads. Etcetera. -gene.