Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
The gods They Were
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
... you flew, all right, ....
Image (c) 2007, Karla Dorman
Look at them, the gods they were,
knocked off pedestals of greatness
by greed. How the mighty have
fallen, tumbling from forgetful skies
to land - plop! - in our laps. Get
away from me, you unclean and take
your tarnished medals and rookie
cards with you: don't mean a damn
thing. You were supposed to be a
role model for our kids: no. Just
had to fly swifter. Higher. Stronger.
You flew, all right, but not in the name
of fair play and sport: the only stats I
want to see is twenty five to life, with
absolutely no chance of parole. You
killed the American dream. You lose.
(c) 2009, Karla Dorman (2/17)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
I can feel the weight of your disapproval here. Well done!
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|very well expressed!|
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|Sometimes I wonder...if there were no illegal substances, (or legal substances for that matter) to boost our natural athletic abilities, what would the record books say about who the fastest man that ever lived was??
|Reviewed by 000 000
|WoW Karla..Are you fired up just a bit?
Firm words in this writing...but I get the message
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|I love the new turn your poetry has taken as you step outside your comfort zone your work seems to get better and better.
|Reviewed by Juliet Waldron
|I'm more into heads on poles, like the French Revolution. Now those were consequences!|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|I am with Tom Hyland, only 25? we still have ropes, don't we? because someone need to have accountability...That fellow Lynch has a great idea
|Reviewed by J'nia Fowler
|Yes, murderers one and all, killers of the American Dream. Love it. Hugs, J'nia|
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
Yes and yes again! I love your fearless nature and your ability and commitment to speak plainly and eloquently when you see injustices and sham.
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|All the more reason to look to God for those in need of a role model. Learn acceptance and humility which builds a much stronger character. Great insight....
Be always safe,
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Amen, Karla. All in the name of greed and fear and ego.
Strike three! -gene.
|Reviewed by David Delaney
|Great writing Karla, so true, look at those wall street mob.
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I could not agree with you more, our role models need to be more than washed up atheletes that are more concerned with how to score another hit then what they are doing to our children
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Our common folk deserve far more than these overglorified athletes, most whom don't know the meaning of "fair play" or "following the rules". Sad! Powerfully penned sadness in these lines; well done, Karla!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :(
LOVE the piccy!
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|They deserve more and no less...e|
|Reviewed by Tom Hyland
|KARLA - don't 'sugar-coat' it SWEETIE!
BUSH ? CHENEY ? CONGRESS ? CEO'S ? ALAN GREENSPAN ? BANKERS ? GOVERNORS ?
GREED --> POWER --> CORRUPTION --> WAS NOT LUCIFER A 'FALLEN ANGEL' WHO THEN BECAME THE DEVIL - SATAN HIMSELF ?
25 TO LIFE IS TOO GOOD FOR LIARS AND THIEVES!
A GOOD STRONG ROPE - THAT'S WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!
|Reviewed by A Serviceable Villain
Great photo and what a very reflective poem you have written - Bravissimo!!
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Very well said Karla.|