Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Image of clouds, (c) 2010, Karla Dorman.
Standing up to their full height,
the clouds give a respectful
salute to those laid under
fields of honor --- even the
wind remembers and comes to
a pause, if for a moment,
before rushing to other
duties. The only sounds are
the volleying thunder of
twenty one guns echoing
through the sad bugling of
'Taps.' Another family
says 'goodbye' with tears of loss:
too many crosses to bear
reach to the skies in the hopes
they will not be forgotten.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (5/27)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|A beautiful poem in honor of those who have given everything, Karla. Love and hugs,
|Reviewed by Dorothy Krusky
|Yes Karla, "in the hopes they will not be forgotten" IS the only ONE thing a soldier asks of his fellow citizens. When we forget, we repeat our past not learning from all those who died serving in the military. Maybe more people should be reminded and this poem is a wonderful way to get the message out there. Great work!
|Reviewed by Tom Hyland
|KARLA - MAGNIFIQUE!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL SERVICE AND SACRIFICES!
AND ... MAY GOD DAMN TO HELL ALL THOSE MISCREANTS AT THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION - AND ALL POLITICIANS WHO HAVE FAILED TO TREAT OUR VETERANS WITH THEIR EARNED BENEFITS !!!
SEMPER FI !!! TOM.
|Reviewed by Phyllis Jean Green
|Oh, Karla. This is w o n d e r f u l !!! Word's wrong -- smacks of trite, I know --, but I am too stunned to think. Anyway, there aren't any adjectives that are strong enough. P e r f e c t comes close, but no cigar. L O V E. this!!! Hate to take pleasure when pain and loss are the theme, but your compassion and artistry have once again
warmed my heart and made me resolve to be a better poet.
P e r s o n!! Keep 'em comin', Luv. 'Ratair N. Texas Hugginyoo' -kk !!
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|"Taps" is lost in the cacophony made by the greed that doesn't care about filling Arlington...or any other soldier's resting place.
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|a beautiful tribute|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Karla, this is so emotional and so beautifully written.|
|Reviewed by Mary Lacey, Desertrat
No, they will never be forgetten. The picture is awesome.
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, the wind hears the great silence left behind by the loss of them -- a void never to be filled exactly the same way they filled it -- may peace and love be always with you my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|Nice bit 'o writing, awsome picture.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Never will they be forgotten, as long as just one remembers...e|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Outstanding write, Karla; perfect for remembering WHY we REALLY celebrate Memorial Day! God bless those who serve(d), and thank YOU for YOUR service! *SALUTE*
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :)
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Fantastic write Karla..one of your best. I could so picture this being recited with the Last Post being played softly in the background.