Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
At Ease, Soldier, You've Earned Your Rest
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, May 28, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
... At ease, Soldier, you've earned your rest, because you've already spent your time in Hell. ....
Image of crepuscular rays, (c) 2010, Karla Dorman.
... St. Peter, at Heaven's gate, sees
the soldier standing at attention,
in full dress uniform. Gone are the
fatigues, the wounds, the pain that
ushered him here. St. Peter opens
the Book of Life and is about to tell
the soldier his name isn't in there,
when a Voice, with a sound like
thunder, says, 'Stop.' 'But, but--,'
St. Peter starts, and the Father
comes out, saying, 'You heard Me
the first time. Stop.' The Father
tells the soldier to approach and
snaps a salute, saying, 'At ease,
Soldier. You've earned your rest,
because you've already spent
your time in Hell.' 'But what about
my family? Those I left behind?,'
the soldier asks. 'They won't rest
easy with me gone.' The Father
pulls him into an embrace, and, with
tears in His eyes, replies, 'I will be
with them in your place. I will make
sure you are never forgotten.'
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (5/28)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|what a beautiful poem!|
|Reviewed by Micki Peluso
|Karla, that gave me chills reading it!! Well said. I hope many people read this and realize that we are here because our lost soldiers are not.
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla,this powerful -- you grip the reader with a rush of emotions --a stellar tribute in this time when we remember those that have sacrificed their all for us -- may peace and love be always with you my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|One of your finest Karla. Patrick|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Karla, this is beautiful.|
|Reviewed by Liana Margiva
|EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Liana Margiva|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|And God said, "...At ease, Soldier, you've earned your rest, because you've already spent your time in Hell..." this should be a phrase etched in every soldier's coffin, to show them the respect that otherwise their own country never did.
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
|A BEAUTIFUL AND OUTSTANDING WRITE KARLA
YOU HAVE MANAGED A TEAR TO ACCUMULATE IN THE EYES OF A BULL BEAR,
AN OLD SALT, A BULL DOG LEATHERNECK.....LOVE & PEACE TO YOU ON THIS MEMORIAL DAY.
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Good write and one a lot of survivors can relate to I am sure.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|O, this hits right between the eyes like a fist or a sledgehammer and does. NOT. Let. Go. WOW, what powerful writing; you bet I will never forget the sacrifices you made to our country. Because of people like daddy, our uncles, our brother and cousins, and especially you, as well as countless others, we can enjoy freedom, and I, for one, am indeed grateful. Thank you for your service to our country! God bless you! Well done; brava, Karla! *SALUTE* Happy Memorial Day; this is perfect for WHY we celebrate the holiday!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :( *tears!*
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Excellent write, Karla. God bless.|