Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
There Are No Words. A Soldier's Dead
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, May 31, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Remembering the fallen this Memorial Day.
Image of folded flag, (c) 5/31/2010, Karla Dorman.
There are no words. A soldier's dead.
Just can't wrap that around my head --
too young. Had his whole life to live --
far too many have had to give --
see his wife and kids sitting there --
for them, a price too much to bear --
he was willing to pay that price --
some have to make the sacrifice,
to go in our place, in our stead --
there are no words. A soldier's dead.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (5/31)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, you have taken this grievous situation and wrapped it in the bonds of our heart -- this father, this son, this husband, this brave dedicated man -- one of the heroes of our land -- may peace and love be always with you my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Powerful and deeply touching|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|So sad when people forget ... shame on them! Powerfully stated poem; well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( *tears!*
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|Perhaps a couple of grossly inadequate words. Thank you.|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|powerful and sobering|
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|Karla, this is a subject that can take up volumes of books to describe the horrors of war, and you have said it so well in just a few lines.
Cheers and peace,
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge Poetess Of The Heart
|No words for a loss so deep|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|There never are no words to describe the loss of a fallen service man...
|Reviewed by Liana Margiva
|EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! Liana Margiva|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Taps...let them to be the unspoken words.
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Extremely profound, Karla. Beautifully done.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Karla, this is so touching and speaks so much for this special holiday honoring our veterans.|
|Reviewed by Erin Kelly-Moen
|I like how you say 'he was willing to pay that price --', Karla, it is, after all, a choice of one, of belief and faith, to protect and serve others' needs. I sat outside myself, today, thinking of those who've died lost lives. Sometimes it seems mine could be sacrificed for others, those others that lost theirs for me... How convulated is that?
Erin Elizabeth Kelly-Moen
|Reviewed by David Delaney
|Ditto Karla, wonderful tribute mate.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Reviewed by Joyce Bell
|A PROFOUND WORK...AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT...THERE ARE NO WORDS. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS 'WRENCHING' WORK. GOD BLESS, LOVE,
JOYCE * HIS INSPIRATIONS