Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
The Smell of Thunder
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, June 21, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
For The Challenger Seven: 27 Years Later © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,235
Image (c) 2009, Karla Dorman
Know what I miss? The smell
of thunder, the air right before
a storm. It's pregnant with
ozone, ready to give birth at the
first crack! of lightning, the
sky purpled and still. I inhale
the cloud's labor, feel it deep
in my back, looking forward to
the relief that will come in rain.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (6/21)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|I'm with you, even the back thing. Nice descriptions in this. Hugs,
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|Unmistakable odor, that and the smell of earthworms on the asphalt. Patrick|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|The smell of thunder - truly a powerful thing; we're being pounded with wave after wave of thunderstorms this week.|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Eating bean stew again?
|Reviewed by Paul Judges
|Well captured atmosphere, Karla|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|I remember that smell so well when I loved in Ct....beautiful write, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is beautiful Karla
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
|Dan's right, this has a magical quality...your relationship with the sky is rich and deep.
I love this, Karla.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|That isn't the smell of thunder,its your own feet, maybe a bath might be a good idea...;-) LOL, [running far away & fast] ed|
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|wow Karla,,that is just about to happen right now here~great poem!|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|i love that smell!! very well described!|
|Reviewed by John Bidwell
|Loved this- another one of nature's gifts.
Thanks for sharing.
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|I miss that too. Used to love the summers in the Northeast where I grew up. Now I'm in LA. No thunderstorms here unless you go to the desert.|
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|I thought of you yesterday as we watched our very own twister form and come down less than two miles away. We lived in Missouri for 4 years and never saw a twister... we had to move to Montana for that, I guess. :~) We had hail the size of bouncy balls and golf balls as well. It made for quite the memorable Father's Day!
Hope you and Karen are doing well.
|Reviewed by Sophia Choudhury
|i can completely identify with the feeling!lovely poem Karla.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I don't miss it, but I'd rather have some rain; it would certainly cool things off! *HOT!* Well done, Karla; enjoyed this one!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Nicely done, Karla.|
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|Karla, you do magic with storms...well done.