Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Not On My Watch
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, July 05, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Three minute poem.
Image (c) 2010, Karla Dorman
It's the day after. So does that
mean we go back to forgetting
sacrifices, paid? Not on my
watch. The blood of the fallen cries
out to be heard; the wounded's pain
is not miraculously cured at
the end of the finale. It
marches on. Freedom demands we
remember today ... and always.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (7/5)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carol Grace
|Not on my watch, either.
This poem is wonderfully concise. Keep on....
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|Yep. Keep watchin'
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, your view is a patriot's view my friend. Every day of freedom is a day to be thankful for and remember those that gave us the right to be free. Every day is a fourth of July Day. May peace and love be always with you my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Rebekah Rosie Lang
|Excellent poem. We must Always remember!
|Reviewed by J'nia Fowler
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|I agree - we should never forget for a moment the sacrifices of those who have built this great nation and are commemorated by Independence Day. We should have flag day every day of the year to commemorate the great men and women who continue to make our country great with their sacrifices for their country.|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|How so very true.|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|A Swedish acquittance proudly show me, after returning from a first trip ever to the USA, his America Souvenir (made in China)
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Beautiful work, Karla...so much said.|
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|Says volume in a few lines. Great job, Karla!!
Sandie Angel :o)
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Outstanding, Karla. Job well done, my friend. Like this write, with which you make your point so well, I am astounded at the gullibility of us Americans. We complain about the economy but we buy Toyotas, Nissans, Kias, Sony TVs and countless other imported products. What ever happened to "common sense?" How stupid can we be destroying our country from the inside? Tomorrow I'm putting a sign on the back of my Durango in big red, white and blue lettering.
REAL AMERICANS BUY AMERICAN - PERIOD - NO EXCUSES!
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|"and always..." & forever...e|
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Our sacrifices should not be forgotten. And now it's time to turn our attention to cleaning up our own side of the street. Fight on. Be strong. The answer to 1984 is 1776.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Wonderful reminder, Karla; we should remember our fallen heroes (and those who serve[d]) every day of the year! Well penned and illustrated; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :)
Thank YOU for YOUR service! *SALUTE*
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|It means we should remember each and everyday. A great write.
Newfie Hugs are on the way, Hugs Rose