Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Oh, Stanley, She Said
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Rated "PG" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
This came to me in a dream. Have no idea what it means (or what 'it' is).
Image (c) 2010, Karla Dorman
Oh, Stanley, she said. That's
NASty, she said when she
caught him in bed with ---
with --- she didn't know what
'it' was. She'd been reading
the best book: what disturbed
her: the clank clank clank of
his oxygen bottle and the
muffled moans issuing from
under the mask --- she looked
over to his bed (they'd slept
separately for years now, the
tenderness they'd once had
stolen by age and health) and
there was this --- this --- thing.
In bed. With her husband,
giving him the business,
leaving his imprint in his back.
It was male, she was sure of
it, whatever 'it' was. Small.
Grey. Slimy. That's when she
told Stanley how nasty he was,
and then began a new chapter.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (7/18)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Alien visits for sex? Yikes! I am surprised she did not say more than, "oh Stanley". Take three or four deep breaths. Take two Tylenol and call your doctor if you have this same dream again Karla. Just kidding of course. May you know joy peace and love my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by kg cummings
|so different from any of your other writings Karla! this is spooky as anything I've ever read! Blessings, Kathy|
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|Small, grey, slimy.(male???)......I know! It's Nancy Pelosi!
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Well are you sure your meds don't need to be tweaked for this is oone scary nightmare...but so well written with clarity.
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|It sure is filled with enough images to make one really stop and think and wonder? Considering you don't know what it means, you sure did a great job of penning it.|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Thanks for this most interesting and creepy piece; I just learned a lot about my old brother Matlack!!|
|Reviewed by Rebecca Russell
|Quite entertaining, if a bit bizarre! Rebecca|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Well that is one heck of a dream, Karla!|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|When you find out what it was in bed with Stanley, let me know as someone seems to be visiting me in bed at night every now and then too & if it is now going to Stanley instead of me, then I am jealous...e|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Oooooooooooooooooooooooook. Iteresting, Karla. I think. ;-)|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Hmm. And what did YOU have before taking your nap?? LOL Creepy yet entertaining write; well done, Karla!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Sounds like the scene out of Alien. Well written.|