Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Need Storms. NOW.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, July 19, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Image (c) 2010, Karla Dorman
A stormchaser needs storms. And
when there aren't any, she will make
one anywhere she can ---- even if
only in a shadow made by a tree.
Squint your eyes and tell me that
doesn't look like a tornado bearing
down. SDS isn't pretty ---- trust me.
Got me looking at nonexistant
rotation on the side of a building,
for Pete's ---- know the neighbors
are wondering about my sanity.
Fully expecting a knock at the door
from the friendly folk on the mental
health ward of the hospital. They
might give me a new jacket with
long sleeves and take me away ...
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (7/19)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, we have just experienced a short duration storm that has knocked out the power and some other services like cable TV. We received a little rain, not much, just a bit. But I am thankful for that. We need rain here. Thanks for the poem. As for sanity. Is it necessary,or even desirable? Joy,love and peace to you my friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|Fun to read. Hold on to that sanity! Hugs,
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|I keep praying for NO storms and you want one??????? Okayyyyyy.
Newfie Hugs are on the way, Rose
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|I suppose you have a bread stick in the freezer that looks like Jesus too:-)Patrick|
|Reviewed by Don Juan Amante
|i'm sure your texas storms won't let you down for very long!|
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|Even if 'they' take you away, which I highly doubt, you have provided an absolutely fantastic visual...Well done.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|They got real classy str8 jackets nowadays, you'd look good in one and as for the pic I don't know what the sky looks like with a tornado heading my way, so even squinting does nothing for me...e|
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|I like your sense of humor, Karla. I got a good laugh out of this one. We had rain here nearly every day for two weeks and now it has stopped and all the grass is wilting and beginning to dry out. I'm praying for rain again.|
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|let me tell you...we had some live action a few nights ago..phew !!!|
|Reviewed by Andy Turner
|Have you a release date? lol.
Nice way to go, kiddio. xx
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Yes, I don't know about storm chaseers but we could definately use some thunder and lighting to clear the air...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Now I KNOW you are a StormSpinner: you are craving storms, and you see tornadoes in shadows! LOL Too funny, and that piccy looks pretty convincing! Well done; you've bagged your first "tor"! LOL
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Excellent.............your words and the photo!|
|Reviewed by Rebecca Russell
|Looks real to me! Great write. Rebecca|
|Reviewed by John Bidwell
|Cool Karla- and that is scary looking.
Seems strange to wish storms on somebody- but- whatever sinks your boat.
Is that right?
I better stop writing this early in the morning unless I want a matching jacket. Yikes.
|Reviewed by Paul Judges
|Excellent work, Karla|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Great work, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Oh my, this is wonderful Karla. I'm laughing my ass off. Poor thing. Is this like some Rorschach test for stormchasers? Yes, I see the funnel too. Maybe an F5?? Let's hope, or not. Depending on what you're driving.|
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|Goodness but this is just priceless! Love how your imagination is hard at work and you know something, it does have an eerie resemblance...
Be always safe,