Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Looks Can Be Deceiving (5/7/5 format)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Image (c) 2010, Karla Dorman
the crepe myrtle d
but not nearly as much as
i do in this heat ----
too hot to do much
of anything except to
stay under a/c ----
have gotten waaaay too
used to creature comforts. the
flowers have no choice ----
they know fall's coming.
how can something so fragile
be stronger than i?
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (7/21)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, crepe myrtle are among nature's most vibrant and colorful plants. Also one of my personal favorites. And you are so right when you ask how, "how can anything so fragile,be stronger than I"? Stay cool and hydrated you Texas flower. We need you blooming for a long time. May you know only love, peace and joy my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|Nice creativity in this poem, Karla. Feeling your words today in this heat. Hugs,
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|Ooops there goes another rubber tree plant. Patrick|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Lovely ku's Karla and I am so glad that I am one who enjoys the heat, it is the winters that bring me down...
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Incredibly hot here in Milan, too...all over Italy, actually!|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Nice one, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Did you ever wonder how a blade of grass presses its way through concrete? A power greater than ourselves. Nice work again, as always Karla. Hope it cools down. We had one week of blinding heat here in LA. Now it's back to gloom.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla this is a great poem and believe it is one I think we can all relate to
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|love the imagery in the poem... :~)
but more than that I love the thought provoking last stanza.
I've missed reading you as I have been away for so long. Hope all is well with you!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Know what you mean about the heat, Karla: it zaps me too! Great write; love the creativity in this! Well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Purty, both pic and po...e|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Yes Karla I think we are all feeling the same...even up here in Nova Scotia the heat is crazy...
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|oh, i love the last line! So delicate, yet strong|