Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, August 02, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
i thought it hot. not.
not when you think of
the men and women
in uniform, far
from home, fighting in
one hundred twenty,
thirty degree temps
or more --- suddenly
doesn't feel so bad.
It's all how you look
at things: perspective.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|You make a point that should make all of us never forget those facts...
|Reviewed by Janet Caldwell
|Right on Sis! xxxx (PS. I decided to start writing more in the present day and let go of the past) x|
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|The desire and will to defend their nation takes a much closer examination of the facts than the cursory look most of us give our brave warriors. Thanks for raising these thoughts to our conscious level Karla. Dedication takes on a fresh sense of value. May love and joy be yours to savor long my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Andy Turner
|Indeed, we must show our gratitude to such brave people. However, I can assure you, once we sign on the dotted line we have signed our lives away for that which we believe in.
Much can be learned from Lawrence of Arabia.
Magical penn youngen. To think I was cursing it being 75.
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|I was also listening to the radio this AM regarding the prison-inmate clean-up laborers on Grand Isle, LA working for BP. Full plastic suits made by Dupont, no ventilation, 140 degrees inside the clothing. Thought the same thing. Perspective, perspective, perspective. LA isn't so bad in August after all. Excellent writing Karla.|
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Right on, Karla. I have no idea how they cope or acclimatise - as if being in mortal danger wasn't enough on its own! As you say, perspective is everything. xx|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|So true you are, we take for granted what we have instead of being thankful for it. Not only soldiers, sailors and airmen but also children in those countries left without parents or often anyone to look after them...also in that same heat...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Whoever thought that 99 or 100 degrees is "cool"?? NOT! Not for me, said the flea ... LOL I still want fall and winter to come!! UGH! This Texas heat realllly bites! A great write; well done, Karla!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :P
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Well said, Karla. God bless.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Karla, this is so very true...about all things in life. Excellent.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Right on, girl, a perfect write from a perfect young lady...e|
|Reviewed by Amber Moonstone
|Karla, you are absolutely right, it is in how you look at things, I try to look at things in a positive view point always trying to fight off the negative...
peace, love and light,