Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
laze themselves on hammocks of
they don't care to move
from the spot they've claimed under
the shady oak tree ---
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (9/15)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Rebecca Russell
|I like to imagine I'm lazing on a hammock stretched between two palms, with acres of sand beneath me and blue seas stretching to the horizon. Maybe someday I'll realize that dream. Great write, Karla! Rebecca|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Time for me to haul out my hammock, I need some lazy time...great write, Karla
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, I could laze in the luxury of the Summer afternoon you have pictured so eloquently. A hammock under a shady oak or elm. Time to reflect, relax, dream, it's heavenly Karla. May peace and love be with you my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by J'nia Fowler
|Nice word picture here Karla. I was thinking of how cats and dogs often dominate the best perches on hot afternoons. Hugs, J|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Love the way you use your words, Karla. And I'm going
to miss those lazy summer afternoons. -gene.
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|It takes Old Man Winter with his sharpened ice teeth to move that monster off his bum! Good poem.|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Sounds like a perfect summer afternoon to me Karla.
Newfie hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Soothing write, Karla. Well done.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Ah, Karla, this is so sweet and soft...makes me wish summer would simply stay.|
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
|Gentle, evocative setting and atmosphere, Karla.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|very nicely done,Karla, you do great with short poems!|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|In a very few words, you have effectively shared the ambiance of the summer afternoon; I also love the metaphorical tone, Karla. Well done. Love and best wishes,
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is awesome Karla, I love it
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|like the originality of this one Karla, as the last of summer days seem to cool their heels...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Such a welcome break that would be ... that and cooler temperatures! (Hold on; cooler weather is coming ... eventually ... LOL) Well done, Karla; enjoyed this one!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by John Bidwell
|Oh I would like to take such a break.