Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, November 19, 2010
Rated "PG" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
From, 'Why Things Burn,' (c) Daphne Gottlieb
All power can be
you, socket to me.
Plugged in and the grid
particular friction, a charge
strong enough to stop
or start it
again; volt, re-volt--
I shudder, I stutter, I start
to life. I've got my ion
so watch how you
conduct yourself. ...
LOVE the wordplay, wish I'd written this!
And my response ...
they say lightning
the same place
don't know. i
hoping to be
more. you knock
me off my feet ---
i melt. i b u r n.
touch me. again.
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (11/19)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|High voltage stuff! As a former copper top now turned silver, I can attest that metallurgy dictates silver as the better conductor. Thus when lightning does strike the second time, the connection will knock you straight on your cheeks. Patrick|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla great poem thank you for sharing
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Great response to the original, Karla. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; MORE than equal in this case! This orchestrated heat needs no conductor. Meltdown accomplished! xx|
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|En-lightening Karla! How many coulombs flow from your creative mind in a day. With each beautiful strike the timpani reverberates, titillates this reader's imagination and arrhythmic heartbeat. Very clever, very creative and an upbeat read my dear friend. I bid you love and peace. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Andy Turner
|love struck, thunder struck, time for lotsa luck. xx|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Splendid poem Karla,inspired by another fantastic poem!That's what I love about poetry! Bless you!
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Great write Karla and I wouldn't want to see it strike once let alone twice.
Newfie Hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Axilea MU
|I agree that such an electric wordplay is fun!
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|A great response, Karla. Love the photo, too. Hugs,
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Electrifying is the right word. Well done, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|wow-this is great!|
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Electrifying! Well done, Karla, and the piccy is fantastic!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Nice comeback, Karla.|