Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
The Chaser's Night Before Christmas
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, December 03, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Image (c) 2010, Karla Dorman
THE CHASER'S NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
(with apologies to Clement Clark Moore)
'Twas the night before Christmas at the SPC,
Mets read the models, to see if they'd agree.
The stockings were hung, by the radar with care,
In hopes a better forecast would be in there.
Storm chasers were all nestled, all snug in their beds,
With visions of supercells dancing in their heads.
I, the lead forecaster, said there'd be no storms,
The conditions weren't right for them to form.
I had just laid down for a long, Winter's nap,
When all of a sudden, lightning hit with a SNAP!
And out on the lawn, there arose such a clatter,
I leaped from my bed, to see what had shattered!
Looked out of the window, and what did I see?
A tornado. A big one: I think, EF-3!
I ran to the office, to sound the alert,
Praying like thunder that no one would get hurt.
The chasers ran to their cars, lightbars aglow,
Along with their computers, cameras in tow.
When, to my wondering eyes, who should appear?
But Santa Claus and his eight tiny reindeer!
He did not look happy. He was soaking wet.
Hail bounced off of his head. BOY, was he upset!
He screamed and he hollered, used my name in vain,
Said I would never work in this town again.
"Now, Burney. Now, Carter. Now, Jackson and Norris!
Bontempo and Miller, is it headed for us?
You need to save Christmas. I NEED A REPORT.
On, Adams! On, Talbot! Give your best effort!
Which way is it heading? I have got to know!
WHICH WAY IS THAT TORNADO GOING TO GO???"
Kendra booted the live feed on ChaserTV,
It was watched by one million, four hundred and three.
The tornado roared through some big empty fields.
Chasers and spotters all kept their windshields.
The storm would be discussed on Storm Track the next day,
On why things had gotten together that way.
Santa gave everyone extra presents that year,
For saving lives, he gave them new cars AND new gear.
He forgave me, and as he drove out of sight,
He said, "That's the last time I'll storm chase at night!!!"
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (12/3)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Clever, Karla. Keep spinning. And happy holidays. -gene.|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by J'nia Fowler
|LOL... very clever. Made me smile.|
|Reviewed by LadyJtalks LadyJzTalkZone (Reader)
|I'm telling you we are making this into a movie this week...way good|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Way to go, Karla. Excellent write.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Ha, ha, ha! Only YOU, the StormSpinner, would concoct such a maelstrom of poetic genius, Porch-Chaser style! LOL Funny write; cleverly worded and presented! Well done; brava! My new favorite of your (many) poems!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
May you find tornadoes and supercells in your Christmas stocking come Christmas morning!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Loved this one Karla, thank you for sharing
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Damn hon but this is great but you should've saved it for Xmas eve...this is a KEEPER! ed|
|Reviewed by Douglas Bentley
|This is cute!|