Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, February 05, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Image (c) 2011, Karla Dorman
Before the diamonds are
scattered underfoot; before
the shouts of discovery;
before the treasure has been
melted into memory,
I am awed by snow falling
wordlessly, silently ---- all
is covered in a mantle
of white. All is stilled. This must
be what it means to be rich.
(c) 2011, Karla Dorman (2/5)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla you assess the truly valuable things in life with remarkable aplomb my dear friend. I bid you love and peace. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by MaryGrace Patterson
|Well said. Falling snow is beautiful and "cold"....M|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Lovely sentiments, Karla. I can relate for a snowfall does the same for me. Love and best wishes to you,
|Reviewed by Patrick Granfors
|I'd call that treasure. Patrick|
|Reviewed by Barbara Terry
|When Nicole came from Australia in 2007, and we stepped outside the airport terminal, she said, "what! Did I just step in to a giant walk in freezer?" I said yes, then I told her, "and that white stuff on the ground isn't dandruff, it's snow." It doesn't snow below the snow line which is half way up in the mountains. It gets cold during their winter at night, but during their winter days, the temperature is like San Francisco.
I love to watch it snow, the pristine flakes hitting the ground, the deck, the chairs and table on the deck. Yes Karla, this is what it means to be rich, when you can enjoy the wonderful things mother nature for us. Thank you for sharing.
May the Lord Jesus bless you, and those whom you love, and be with you always, and at your side constantly. With much love in my heart, joy to the world, peace on earth, & ((((((((((MANY WONDERFUL SISTERLY HUGGGGSSSS)))))))))), your little sister, Barbie
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla loved this, thank you for sharing
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|If snow be rich, then we are without wealth, as all ours has for the present melted away...e|
|Reviewed by Tom Hyland
|KARLA ... WELL SAID.
But when the beautiful flakes are not few, and far between - when they are deep and endless, they are disastrous,
Beauty and Blizzards do not mix! Tom.
|Reviewed by Christine Tsen
|A gem! Yes!
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|if you want to get rich quickly, count your blessings it's been said. blessed to read this little gem of a poem this day karla.|
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
|Gloriously right vision, Karla.
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Very, very nice write, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|The treasure, Karla, is in the lines you've crafted...
diamonds scattered underfoot, melted into memory,
wordlessly silent. Almost makes me look forward to
the next snowfall. -gene.
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|Awww, Karla, you have said it so beautifully. Love it!
Especially=="Before the diamonds are scattered underfoot"
and "melted into memory."
|Reviewed by Amor Sabor
|Yes...I love how you see things...but wait until you go broke in the Spring and Summer when it melts. Great write.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|And we are rich indeed because God gave us this beautful gift. It makes it even more special. Beautiful poem and image; well done, Karla! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D X0X0X0
|Reviewed by Richard King
|Karla, you are rich as long as your mind allows your imagination to run wild. Your photo had me imagining the surface of the moon. Monetarily, nothing changed, but my peace and tranquility skyrocketed. Thanks Dick|