Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Nature's Grand Design, or God?
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
'Everything is like everything else. Look look look. I'll help you see it. The veins in a leaf are like capillaries, which are like lightning. See? Or the cochlea of your ear is like a shell is like a spiral staircase is like a corkscrew is like a whirlpool is like a tornado. Get it? Once you see it you can't stop seeing it, .... ~ Charles Hallingdahl (from Jenna Blum's 'THE STORMCHASERS')
Image (c) 2011, Karla Dorman
When God said, 'Let there be,'
it was. And it was beautiful
and perfect. Man only thinks
he is Master of the Universe --
just because he has a brain
doesn't always mean he
knows how to use it. Look at
the patterns: repeated over
and over again, duplicated
from one thing to the next,
twinned across Creation.
Concentric whorls, horizontal
and perpendicular lines
plumbed straight and true ,
life throbbing in veins in sky
and plant and skin: effortless.
Open your eyes and see the
wonders He has made.
(c) 2011, Karla Dorman (5/29)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|LOVE this! Think I will save this one...
Hope you are well.
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|Extremely interesting piece, Karla. Breathtaking pic, too. Enjoyed.
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|Brilliant, Karla! Yet, as you point out so beautifully, it's there for everyone to see.
Blessings on Memorial Day. and THANK YOU!
|Reviewed by Clarence Prince
|Wonderful, Karla! Each day His wonders revealing more and more, we just need to look around and we won't avoid seeing how wonderful He is. blessings!|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla this is beautiful thank you for sharing!!!
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Joy Hale
|Wonderfully presented and beautifully written, Karla. Nature or God? Both designed by the Master Of The Universe and are often repeated through nature's landscape and mans image.
Joy L. Hale
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
From this write,
That the brain God granted you,
Works damn well, cause all can tell, you got a clue...e
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|Beautifully said, Karla.
|Reviewed by Tom Hyland
|KARLA ... WELL SAID DEAR!
ANSWER = GOD CREATED NATURE !!! N' EVERYTHING ELSE! TK...
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Great poem and pic, Karla; very well done!
Happy Memorial Day to you and thank YOU so much for your Air Force service! I salute you! :D
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Excellent write, Karla. God bless.|