David A. Schwinghammer
· Soldier's Gap
· Soldier's Gap
· Mengele's Double, Chapter 9
· Seminary Boy, a memoir
· Fisher of Men, Chapter Nine
· Soldier's Gap, Chapter Three
· Honest Thief, Tender Murderer, Chapter Nine
· Fisher of Men, Chapter 8
· Honest Thief, Tender Murderer, Chapter Eight
· Mengele's Double, Chapter Eight
· Bereavement Blues
· Fisher of Men, Chapter 7
· Fire Lover, a True Story, book review
· Missoula, book review
· Another Shakespeare Doubter, book review
· Flights of Passage, book review
· The Lusitania, book review
· The Wilderness of Ruin, book review
· A Beautiful Mind, book review
· Another Planet, book review
· The Three Stooges, book review
· The God Particle
· Widow's Peak
· Girls Who Wear Glasses
· The Do Drop Inn
· Ode to Neve Campbell
· Jacks or Better 101
· Never My Love
David A. Schwinghammer, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Books by David A. Schwinghammer
Too old to play.
Alumni Game (a sonnet)
“Old man, you run way too slow for me.
How can you play with the golden-haired young?
We have endurance; you can’t compete for long.
Give up, we’ll run circles ‘round you; you’ll see.”
“But we’ve got brains, you misguided punk.
We’ll zone you. You’ll miss those thirty footers.
And don't forget, your coach is one of our supporters.
Strategy outweighs brawn, dreams go kaplunk.”
It was war. There was blood on the floor.
There was a flagrant technical, elbows flew.
Pride outweighed sportsmanship. We had to win.
Blisters, floor burns; please God, no more.
Referees hanging from the hoops, a motley crew.
45-2, the oldies take it on the chin.