Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
No Mo(o)re ...
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, May 03, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
13 years ago, May 3, 1999, tornadoes struck the Southern Plains. Moore, OK, was particularly hard hit, as were other cities.
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
Remember sitting here in Texas, watching
the news. Must not have been important,
because 13 years later, I don't recall what
was happening locally, or even nationally.
That would change, with a breaking story
out of Oklahoma --- tornadoes touching
down, heading directly toward the City,
carried live into our living rooms three
hours south. Felt the panic as I heard
Gary England saying, 'If you want to
survive this thing, you need to be below
ground.' Twin sis a recent newcomer to
The Alley: how far away? And where is
our basement? All I could do was say
some prayers for our neighbors to the
North and tell her we didn't have one.
© 2012, Karla Dorman (5/3)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, spin us some more of your attention getting words my dear friend - tornadoes, abject fear in one word - for those of you in "the alley" the perils of massive vortices are a fact of life in the season of destruction - I wish you love and peace - Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Tom Hyland
|KARLA ... WELL PENNED!
GLAD BUD SAID MOORE SURVIVED!
|Reviewed by Michael Hollingsworth
|Thanks for sharing and God Bless. ℳ.ℋ.|
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|Glad you are back to your storm spinning ways. This year is shaping up to be one of many tornadoes… Perhaps a hurricane?
|Reviewed by Rebecca Russell
|An excellent poem. It's been a while since I was on AD and checked in with you. Glad to see you're still writing, and still writing strong.|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|sobering stuff indeed|
|Reviewed by Micki Peluso
Lovely photo and wonderful poem--let's hear from you more often.
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Wow I am glad I am Cali thats all I have to say, well done poem Karla it's good to see you posting again
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|The hell with that, I'm stayin' in Jersey...the worse that can happen here is getting fingered by an irate driver...though there are still hurricanes...rarely...e|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I will never forget! Powerful reminder of the chaos and drama that unfolded for far too many 13 years ago today; well done! And the pic suits the poem perfectly!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Budd Nelson
I once lived in Moore..it has survived like a true Okie..thanks