Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
9/11 Redux: PTSD © 2012, Karla Dorman
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, September 10, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
I don't need to watch videos of that horrible day ... what I saw played over and over and over again ensured the images are permanently scored on the backs of my retinas. :( NEVER FORGET.
even though it was happening
thousands of miles away, the
'NOOOOO! not here!' fell into
the sights. the SOUNDS.
i wish i could bleach my eyes
and erase my ears and pretend
it never happened. especially
year anniversary coming up. I
HAVEN'T SLEPT GOOD IN
ELEVEN YEARS. my nights are
on the backs of my retinas. all
i hear are bodies falling. thud.
THUD. buildings collapsing in
rush of wind. the
massive clouds hunting people
down. screams -- theirs AND
mine. tears. oh, God, the tears
won't. CAN'T forget.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, the malaise you suffer is the national pain almost every U.S.
citizen carries heavy on their heart and unable to erase from their memory - the ones we lost that day is the tragedy we will always carry with us in sorrow -- your words express the emotions for that infamous day - I wish you love and peace my friend - Jon Michael
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I can't watch the videos or the news: 9/11/01 affected me emotionally and mentally; even after all these years, I still grieve and cry as I remember ... may we NEVER forget, and may there never be another 9/11/01 ...
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( *Tears!*
|Reviewed by Mary Ann Biddinger
Remembering that fateful day. Cashing President Bush's check
at the bank. Hearing it on the radio and then in the grocery
store. Watching the news reports. OMG Then I saw the emergency
teams, doctors and nurses standing in limbo. I knew there
were no more surviving heros from the towers. In Shanksville, Pa.
two hours from where I live. A let's roll cry. Tears ! Scared !!
The Pentagon our symbol of security. OMG Forever to remember.
Lady Mary Ann
Lady Mary Ann
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|Graphic writing for your penetrating and long-lasting feelings from that terrible event.
|Reviewed by Darrell and Kathy Adams
|I imagine we can all say an Amen to that Karla. And no doubt many of us will be writing new tributes, prayers and requests for some kind of answers and peace for this year as in previous years. They don't come. They may not be meant for us. Love in brother/sisterhood. Be well, Kathy