Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· C'mon, Get Happy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Flag Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Really, God? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome To Hell's Kitchen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Pioneers of the Plains, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I Hate Good-Byes, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mo(u)rning © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Ground Zero, copyright Karla Dorman
· Daddy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, November 27, 2002
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore, © 2013, Karla Dorman
C'mon, Get Happy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Flag Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Really, God? © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome To Hell's Kitchen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Pioneers of the Plains, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I Hate Good-Byes, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mo(u)rning © 2013, Karla Dorman
Ground Zero, copyright Karla Dorman
Daddy, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: For The Fallen, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: Brought To You B(u)y ... © 2013, Karla Dorman
Memorial Day: How Do You Thank Someone For Dying? © 2013, Karla Dorman
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,249
what am i thankful for?
i'm thankful for all this bounty i'm about to eat
i wish i could share some with the homeless on the street
i'm thankful for my job--have extra money to spend
with times like they are, i wish i could help all my friends
i'm thankful i woke up this morning, alive and well
others aren't as fortunate--they're going through pure hell
i'm thankful i live in america and i'm free
while so many others face nothing but misery
i'm thankful for this Gift God has allowed me to share
let some of my words be an answer to someone's prayer
i'm thankful for all the blessings that i have received
be with those that are missing someone they love, who grieve
i'm thankful for the nice weather--it could be much worse
(wintertime in texas can be awfully diverse)
i'm thankful for my twin sister, who now lives with me
i'm grateful for the love i have with my family
i'm thankful for all of the friends i've made at author's den
bless them with a great thanksgiving is my prayer--AMEN!! :)
(((HUGS))) and happy thanksgiving to each of you!
enjoy the food...some don't have enough to eat
enjoy your families...some don't have families
enjoy your friends...some are by themselves, lonely
enjoy your health...it can be taken from you in an instant
and be thankful...that it's not you.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Victoria Murray
|What a lovely way to give thanks, Karla!
|Reviewed by Sanil nath (Reader)
|U must always be thankful to someone, that is the almighty for giving u a wonderful life ...
Keep smiling and take care ...
|Reviewed by Susan Wiener (Reader)
|beatufiul write, Karla. Just love your warm, loving style of poetry.
best always, susie
|Reviewed by Calendula Petal
|you are so right, its good to be reminded that we among the lucky ones.|
|Reviewed by Ted Sheridan (Reader)
|I am thankful that I only have to eat Turkey once a year. I eat crow everyday and I'm sick of bird.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Excellent Write I am thankful for many of the same things! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, hugz to you and Karen, your Friend In Cali
|Reviewed by jude forese
|i'm just thankful i'm still alive...|
|Reviewed by Erin Kelly-Moen
(((Hugs))) Karla, to all of you in your diverse and lovely family!
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|I'm thankful you posted this
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Wonderful write Karla...thanks for reminding us. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and blessings too!;-)|
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|Yes! Yes! Great things to be thankful for! Excellent write Karla!!!!!
Sandie Angel :o) / May Lu $*_*$
|Reviewed by Nia Rose
|Excellent! I'm thankful I read this piece. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!|