Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
all in your head?? *FICTION*
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, May 07, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
i am so angry i am seeing red,
i can't believe what that damn doctor said,
he said the nightmares are all in my head,
every night i see my friend who is dead,
i went to the doc, i need some relief,
these nightmares keep me shakin' like a leaf,
they steal my peace, my sleep, just like a thief,
every night i have to relive the grief,
my friend who i met while in vietnam,
we were closer than brothers, me 'n' 'ham,
i was from texas, he from alabam',
and every night he wrote to his wife, pam,
medics we were, and we were quite the pair,
we'd go a-runnin' when screams cut the air,
we saved some...others didn't have a prayer,
every night, we'd wash blood out of our hair,
we were invincible--we'd never die,
somehow we'd make it through this war alive,
stupid--we were kids--'cause death we defied,
death might be avoided...then death replied,
there was that night...the rain was pourin' down,
a bullet slapped 'ham to the cold, wet ground,
i had to call pam...the scream still resounds,
every night, i still hear the pain in that sound,
i made it home...he didn't...why, God, why????
why did You take my buddy, let him die?
hammie only had three days, then he'd fly,
every night my wife hears me scream and cry...
to all of those that still fight
the war in their dreams...may you
one day know peace.
(((HUGS))) and love,
karla. :( *tears*
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is a wonderful write!
|Reviewed by Dove (Reader)
|Precious angel of mercy,
You are a light and a voice for the divine kingdom..My prayers are with the suffreing ones..LOVE YOU!!!!
Hope those rotten tornados are gone!!
|Reviewed by Merrill Vaughan
Well Done! You have put into words what most of us have experienced just like David does. Many of us have "internal problems" that are hard to find and treat; mainly because no one wants to admit the fact that up to 30 years we still have nightmares.
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|Ah..this was so powerful and excellent, I know a few who can't forget,
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|Well done, Karla. David Alexander writes of some Viet Nam experiences too that are very good. Even though this is fiction, you made it come alive.|
|Reviewed by *********** ********** (Reader)
|Very powerful.....A very needy write....ty, Dani|
|Reviewed by A PAX
|I know the ghosts that haunt Vets!!!
this is amazing!!!
ty and PAX!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|powerful, heartwrenching, intense write that perfectly captures the trauma and the drama those vietnam vets went through during their battles. may we never forget them or the sacrifices they made to ensure that our country remain free; and may god bless them and their families! :( (((HUGS))) and >tears, tears, tears < stunning imagery and emotions in this stark, powerful piece! great job on this, karla!|
|Reviewed by Nicole Davis Vergara (Reader)
|Excellant Work Karla...this is to the point and ever so haunting for those who know themselves or know someone who goes thru this. THANK YOU for bringing this fantastic write to light!!!!
|Reviewed by Carolyn Red Bear (The Bear Paw)
|Karla, what more can be said? Your description is outstanding....