Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
stagnation (a bit of a rant)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, May 10, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
not moving forward
stuck like chuck
no fronts to move things
not goin' anywhere
stuck at a job
i'm not too crazy about
but no benefits
just more headaches
at least i have a job
but i wanna improve
i shouldn't gripe
i've been at my job
longest i've worked anywhere
AT LEAST I HAVE A JOB
many others don't
i should be grateful
i'm just tired of
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by john zimmerman
|if the job is doing you in
all the rationalization about
"at least i've got a job" isn't
going to prevent a coronary ...
still, a good write
|Reviewed by Nicole Davis Vergara (Reader)
|Oh yea Karla do I ever know from whenst these great ranting words come from BUT you know what Karla it is Sunday and Mother's Day so <SMILE> We All Love You and wish you a Happy Mother's Day! Great Write!
|Reviewed by Connie Hinnen Cook
|I can SO relate to this one! But someone where you work must need your sunny witness, so bloom where you're planted till God transplants you! Have a Happy Mother's Day!|
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge (Reader)
|Yes we often feel that way but you may be moving forward and not even realize it. Good work Karla.|
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Good expression of emotion. Keep an eye on the want adds.......you never know when something better will come along.|
|Reviewed by Kevin Whitworth
|I know the feeling. I could have been the inspiration for this piece Ð were you watching me at work? Just kidding. Stay focused.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|You sure can write well Karla, so I think you have that to be happy about!;-)The awful weather would put anyone on edge, I have you in my prayers;-)|
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|If your work isn't your passion, find some other way of expressing your passion.
Although, Leo Buscaglia said to make work your passion. Hummmmmmm. Well I will work on that one for you. [smiles] Nice rant.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|just never loose focus of who your are, a poet...|
|Reviewed by Mari Laureano (Reader)
|been there...know how you feel...chin up, though...write on!
|Reviewed by Dove (Reader)
|I hear you loud and clear sister..! Breathe in for just a second and come soar with me over a crystal blue ocean...
Love ya, Dove
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|Ah me, I know exactly how you feel, sucks, but hey, maybe things will get better, Happy Mother's day!
|Reviewed by Jill Eisnaugle
|This is great. I know tomorrow will be hard for you, Karla, but Happy Mother's Day anyway.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|karla, i know just how you feel. i feel the same way you do at times. but all we can do is pray that we get a breakthrough in our situation, and we can also pray for a breakthrough in this weather pattern we've been having. too many people have suffered at the hands of mother nature, and they need our prayers and thoughts. may we get an end to this danged weather pattern SOON! :( (((HUGS))) good write! love, your twin, karen lynn. :)|
|Reviewed by Carolyn Red Bear (The Bear Paw)
|Amen! to the Karla! I don't know if this helps, but remember, you are not alone....