Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Mama's Tears--a Cheetah's Tale (For Mother's Day--REPOST and reedited)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, May 11, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Let the story be told of a lazy thief,
This evil hunter would bring my Mama grief,
Which would leave marks of distress marring her face,
Let me tell you how it happened, what took place...
That morning started out like every day,
Mama hid us well before she searched for prey,
"Stay here," she admonished, "And stay low to the ground,
Don't make a noise when predators come around,"
The evil hunter had been watching it all,
He had watched Mama hunt, and he was enthralled,
"I'd love to have that Cheetah hunting for me,
It's too hot...whew!...I'd like to take it easy!"
And while Mama was gone, the man called to us,
He watched all of us play and made SUCH a fuss!
"You're all so perfect...which of you should i choose?"
He couldn't decide...all three of us he'd use,
My brothers were picked up, put into a sack,
I hissed and I spit, the fur hight on my back,
Another sack came down over me--I was trapped!
Calling for our Mama, I was soundly slapped,
We traveled for many days and for many nights,
And all three of us were a-tremblin' with fright,
The hunter said, "Three Cheetahs will hunt for me,
I'll have food...I can sleep...and make some money!"
Put in a cage, the hunter looked at us, sneered,
"You don't hunt for me, you'll have reason to fear,"
Both starved and abused, we did as he wanted,
While he sat around and watched while WE hunted,
This went on for many days...we were exhausted,
The man grew meaner and we were accosted,
At night, before we'd finally go to sleep,
We'd quietly call for our Mama...and weep,
One day, while the hunter slept, a Bird had news!
He'd found her crying, searching, each day renew,
Mama had dark stains from her eyes to her mouth,
She'd been searching for us from North to the South,
The Bird told the Wise Man what was going on,
They confronted the man, they told him, "Begone!"
We were so glad to see our dear Mama's face,
Now with the tear stripes permanently in place,
We licked her, tried to remove the marks, they stayed,
For loving us so much, that's the price she paid,
As a tribute, Cheetahs cubs born bear this stain...
Honor that mother...ALL mothers...this refrain...
ALWAYS honor your mother. I
wish I had mine...my beloved
mother, josephine m. srdjak,
passed away at the young age
of 59, from complications
...how i miss her still...
(((HUGS))) and love,
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all
mothers on the author's den
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Omar Kayyam
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge (Reader)
|Lovely tribute, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|(((karla))) this is a beautiful tale of a mother's love in the animal world, and it is a beautiful tribute to mothers of all species! glad you had a good mother's day yesterday; and glad we survived mother's day at the wild and wooly world of the wonderful golden corral! :) (((HUGS))) and love, your twin, karen lynn. :) god bless you, sweetie!|
|Reviewed by Erin Kelly-Moen
|Glorious in its loving intensity, Karla!! It glows and shimmmers, like you and Karen and your Mother! :)|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla this was really intriguing very well done and excellent tribute to your mom also...|
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|A nice fable, Karla, and a wonderful tribute to your mom.|
|Reviewed by Gwen Dickerson
|Well done, Karla!! Very touching poem this Cheetah's tale, and a nice tribute to all mothers.|