Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
the haircut from...you know where *partly fiction*
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, August 03, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
ah'm so ashamed to show mah red face
let me tell yew whut happined, whut took place
mah hair was gettin too long, time fer a trim
decided to cut mah hair, on a whim
so the weedwacker ah grabbed...not too smart
hair started flyin when it ah did start
paw always said i weren't awful bright
ah'm beginnin to think that paw is right
hair went over there, it went over there
hair was a flyin just ev-er-y where
bout gave mahself a indian scalp job
maw looked at me, screamed BILLY JOE BOB
whut in the world have yew done to yer HAIR
yew look like yew got tangled with a BEAR
so off to the horspital maw took me
i got some stitches *count em* thirty three
paw weren't too happy--he warmed my rear
won't trim my own hair again--never fear!!
(c) karla dorman, 2003
*lemme 'splain about the "partly":
i never cut my own hair...with a weedwacker.
but when i got through...it looked
like i'd used one! *grins*
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge (Reader)
|Oh Karla this is so humorous, except when it happens to me! Great write.|
|Reviewed by Susan Barton (Reader)
|Ooh, my face has been red a time or two as well.|
|Reviewed by Trish - The Trickster
|LOL...loved this write..Way to go!|
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|I am laughing here...this brings back a few memories..excellent!
|Reviewed by Linda Murray
|A lovely whimsical piece. My granddaughter just cut her's too. But mom got the weedwacker away from her just in time. LOL|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|hehehe know what this is all about...being a hairdresser for 21 years......lol!!
|Reviewed by Bobbi Duffy
|Jeez this brings back memories, all three of my kids "trimed" their own hair once. It only took once to convince them they shouldn't do that again.
Wonderful, cheery and charming.
|Reviewed by Leland Waldrip
|This is very cute, Karla. I'm good for a doityourselfer now and again, but I always have to go get it straightened out.
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|When You Look In Mirror Cut To The Right!
|Reviewed by Nancy D.
|On the bright side, it will grow back.
|Reviewed by Zenith Elliott
|Karla, I'm laughing so hard it hurts...LOL this was so hilarious. I must confess when I was five I took a razor to my waist length hair, got my bottom spanked and my hair cut soooooo short I cried for days. Great write! ~Z~|
|Reviewed by Kay P Devenish
|Fabulous and funny poem,cheered me right up,
I cut my own hair always to save money but then hairdressing was my early profession so I'm allowed , I had a few ladies come in asking for help after ruining their own hair in attempts at home hair cuts (not with a weedwacker anyway)naughty them and naughty you!
Next time ask Paw or anyone to do the cutting or better still pay my fare over and I'll do it for you.(Pleaaaazzzzzee).
You make me laugh sometimes and I like that,thanks.
|Reviewed by Katy Walsvik
|Good grief, karla.. I am hanging off my chair by a thread, laughing like mad! Not only is the poem itself written with perfect rhyme and meter, but your use of the "twang" language is absolutely perfect! I swear, without it, it would have been a whole different piece.. you clever, hilarious, delightful woman! I'm STILL giggling! God, I love this! Great work! hehehe love, katy xox.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|this is absolutely hiLARious, karla; what a funny write! LOL enjoyed~! (((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, karen lynn. :)|