· Unconscionable, A Rich Coleman Novel
· Tarizon: Shroud of Doom
· Deadly Defiance, A Stan Turner Mystery
· Disillusioned, A Stan Turner Mystery Vol 9
· Tarizon: Conquest Earth
· Tarizon: Civil War
· Tarizon: The Liberator
· Act Normal, A Stan Turner Mystery Book 8
· Cactus Island, At Stan Turner Mystery Book 7
· Black Monday, A Stan Turner Mystery Vol 6
· The Speech I Never Gave
· My First Literary Agent
· The Criminal Justice System
· Welcome to Tarizon
· Tarizon: Swarm 6222
· Faith Restored
· Hope and Strength
· A Million Fish
· River Of Peril
· Shooting the Bear
· How To Avoid Personal Liability If your Small Business Fails
· Cash Call, A Horror Story For The Small Business Owner
· The Credit Trap
· Turning Around The Troubled Small Business
· Tarizon' advances bold science-fiction traditions
· The Hero's Crossroads by Todd Mercer
· Plano Profile Magazine Interviews William Manchee
· Hot Crime Trends
· Bitbooks, Digital Fiction Links
· Book signings will feature author of the Stan Turner mystery series
· My Dad Led Two Lives
· The World's Unluckiest Man
· Middle Drawer
· Ice Pick Widow
· A Note From Your Caregiver
· Comin'-In Party
· I Wish I'd Had Bad Credit
· Danger in the Mail
· The Mod, The Mortgage Lenders Scam
· For Love Only
· William Manchee's Titles Now Available On Nook
· Many Manchee Titles Now Available at Audible
· 5th Stan Turner Mystery Released
· CA$H CALL, Release August 31 2002
· Second Chair Goes into Second Printing
· Audio Versions of Trouble In Trinidad Released.
· Death Pact Popular in Australia
William Manchee, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
This poem is from the perspective of Erica Fox, a character in my novel, Death Pact.
Do you love me?
You say you do
But there can be no doubt
If I'm to die for you.
I must be sure, absolutely
You must be tested
Life is too precious to waste
On but a shallow infatuation.
If we cannot live together
We should not live at all.
It's cruel, but it is our fate.
This is your test
For I cannot will your death
Because I do love you
But you must prove to me
Your absolute love and devotion.
Remember that fateful day we met
You looked up and smiled at me
For a moment, I forgot how to breathe
You must have felt it too as you
Blushed, then quickly looked away.
Our love was forbidden,
Yet we were mere mortals
Without the strength or the will
To resist our tragic destiny.
Those first few months before
Our secret life was revealed
I felt only joy and happiness
A perfect life ahead
Until that fateful day.
Such a cruel and hateful woman.
The world is now a better place
But soon it will be without us too
Was it you or I, or both?
The DA doesn't know
Nor does he care as long
As he has a neck for his noose
Will you pass the test?
Cyanide–death be quick.
If you truly love me
You won't even flinch
Will you pass the test?
If you do, I will confess
But if you fail, I'll run
Leaving you to swing
By your neck.
William Manchee's website
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Sherry Gibson
Nice to meet another Perry Mason fan! I grew up reading every novel myself and still enjoy them today. Anyway, poetry it is here and this is excellent. Love it when reading a poem I feel like I get the whole story. That is most difficult to do but you have captured the technique with such wonderful expertise in this one.
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Captivating verses, William. Thank you for sharing. Love and peace. Regis|
|Reviewed by Fairchild Site
|Excellent poem and so descriptive. Reminds me of a movie I watched yesterday called DEADLY VOWS, based on a true story. No poision in the end, just a gun shot, still unable to resolve with the lawyers, but the point is clear. Excellent poem. Katie|
|Reviewed by Cynth'ya email@example.com
|Just like Romeo and Juliet. And it's still "all good" to read.
blessin's to you W.M.,
cynth'ya lewis reed
|Reviewed by Bonita Quesinberry, R.C.
|Awesome. Incredibly well-written poem: tells the whole story-- fatal attraction, perhaps? ~~Bonnie Q
Bonita M Quesinberry, R.C.
Associate Editor, Washington
Waltsan Publishing, Texas
|Reviewed by Jenni Kalicharan
|Really touching. Missed your work. Hope all is well..
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Truly an excellent piece. You crafted this one beautifully!Kudo's!|
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Taylor (Reader)
|Wonderful...and like the way you made it work as a poem. Bravo !!!|
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead
|once again writer manchee proves his versatility. good read, enjoyed this|