Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, September 19, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
f l a s h
of my eyes
zing (it is
the air it
s h i n e s
to town NO
head's the big
(c) karla dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Rebekah Rosie Lang
|I know all of this only TOO WELL dear Karla! I get them every day! Yet,I continue with school! (seeking 2nd BA degree) Good poem,describes it well! Hope you had a slightly more painfree night!|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I am sorry you experience this, I know it is one of the worst kinds of pain...
|Reviewed by Joseph* OneLight*®
|A brilliant write Karla!
|Reviewed by Carmen Ruggero
|Beautifully illustrated, Karla, by your format choice. Well done.
|Reviewed by Amor Sabor
|I have had migraines (cluster headaches) for many years and do not enjoy the side-effects of the medication to aleviate that crippling pain...so I am thoroughly familiar with the show in the skies you speak of. Great write of its description.
|Reviewed by Gwen Dickerson
|Wow, sounds horrid! Your poem sent chills all over me, thank God I've never had them. Well expressed write.|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla, I used to have Migraine, thank God not for the past year. You describe it well...hope it leaves quickly. Think I'll put my poem up about amigraine, the vulture that had my head in it's talons;-)|
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|I'm glad I don't get them.
I hope the circus leaves town soon..
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|I know how you feel. Both my daughter and I used to get bad ones that stays with us for at least a couple of days.
Hope you're feeling better already.
May Lu a.k.a. Sandie Angel :o)
|Reviewed by Retta (Reindeer) Mckenzie
|Excellent Poem Karla, I suffered for a few years with those, nothing helped, nothing, I feel for you,
|Reviewed by Nicole Davis Vergara (Reader)
|Awesome portrayal Karla!!!!
I suffer from migraines, and used to have to go to the hospital for a shot...thank the gods above for Imitrex!!!!
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|If I get these kind of headaches......bad weather is coming. Great write and description.|
|Reviewed by Tami Ryan
|Ah, I struggle with them too... I connect with your description of the shooting stars and confetti. Expertly done! I extend my heart to you...
|Reviewed by Alexandra* OneLight*® Authors & Creations
|How so very fortunate I feel for never having suffered this horror... But what a twist you gave it, dearest friend. Well done... and get better soon, soon...
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
|Migraines rule your life when you have them. I have them alot. Bloodpressure migraines they are calling them. Horrid creatures. Cold compress, aspirin and water, dark room. Other than that, I don't know what else to advise. Lisa|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|vivid as can be...know how that one feels!!
hope you feeling better soon karla!!
|Reviewed by Kay P Devenish
|You poor darling,
ASPRIN,(right now)and LOTS of water,water is the best to get rid of headaches.DON'T EVER EAT CHOCOLATE!That's the worst trigger,cover your eyes and stay in a dark room,rest ,rest ,rest and more rest...
turn your computer OFF right now,
(bossy Kay insists,) go to bed!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|incredible imagery, and i love the humorous slant at the end! migraines are NOT a laughing matter; ask anyone who has suffered one. you know that all too well, and you describe it perfectly! well done, karla! i truly enjoyed this take on a very painful subject! (((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, karen lynn. :( *hope you feel better soon*|