After five years in writing, I still consider myself a aspiring writer, and so I don't give advice on writing or anything else. I'm, by no means an expert, etc. I just write how I do things in writing, and the reader can agree with me...or disagree with me...it's the reader's option.
When I started writing seriously, I posted my articles on an article directory, and this is how I have had to many articles published.
EzineArticles.com (article directory)
"I love talking and writing about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about." Oscar Wilde
Articles published page;
This is a great way for young people and beginners in writing to start. You have to have your articles edited by a 'live' editor...and the pieces will be rejected or accepted. Lots of rules to follow, but, in the long, it will pay off for you.
I'm, by no means, an expert in writing, as I am learning all the time. I wrote this piece, to consolidate all my writing-related articles into one page, so the person or reader can find them easily. In all these articles, I try to keep from using any technical bla-bla...as I have always believed in the KISS Principle. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) The articles listed here, don't appear in any particular order...the reader can just pick and choose; Enjoy!
1) Making a Difference In People's Lives By Writing; Of 314 articles now on hand in December, 2011, this piece is my # 1 article.
2)I write To Please Me, Myself and I;
3) Add Color and Creativity To Your Articles;
4) Article Titles; May I Have the Envelope, Please?
5) Articles Published; More Than 500 Websites On the Internet;
6) BOOK; House Call by Jerry Aragon M.D. (mentally disturbed)
7)Defending Yourself With Good Writing;
Why do you think they have the Better Business Bureau; the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's office? Because there are thugs in business all over the country...that's why! Over the last 20 years, I have filed about 15 complaints with the Attorney General's office and I have won 14 of them. And, it starts with good writing...a letter, to sum up the problem!
8) Discrimination Against Writers Over 40;
9) Do It With Style; Be Yourself;
What is the most important thing to me in writing? Style! Nobody can teach a person style...they just what it takes in any endeavor. Take a look at the example of R.K. Rowling, the creator of the Harry Potter series. She has an incredible style and imagination, which made her a billionaire in such a short time. A rags to riches story for sure.
If my articles are successful...it's because of my style...and no editor, publisher, agent, etc., can do anything about it. The only thing they can do, is to ruin it...that's why I've stayed away from the paying markets...they would want me to write THEIR way!
10) Everyone Has a Story To Tell;
"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing, and you learn as you go." E.L. Boctorow
11) Good Writing Requirs Good Speling and Good Grammer;
12) Inspirational Quotes; To Enhance Your Documents; There are people, who can say things in a great way. I use quotes in most of my articles...but first, the article has to stand alone before I add them. The quotes are just frosting on the cake, etc.
13) Memory Lane; A Big Thanks To the Reader;
In my view, the reader is the most important person in all this publishing process. Without the reader, there would be no website or writing site, etc.
14) My Love For Creative Writing;
I've always thought of myself, as a good idea person...some are good...and some are stinkers, etc. The reader can judge for himself or herself at my website;
Website name; humordoctormd
WORK IN PROGRESS...
15) Paying Markets vs. Free Content Markets In Writing;
16) Second Opinion For Your Articles;
"Write without pay, until someone offers you pay." Mark Twain
17) Taking Chances With My Ideas in Writing; With over 30 years in the art world as a woodcarver, and now in writing, I've always taken chances with my work. A few article titles include; U.S. Congress; The Best Little Whorehouse In Washington, D.C.; Constipation: Saying Hello To a Costly Enema; How Do You Spell Worthless? U.S. C-O-N-G-R-E-S-S! Passing a Kidney Stone 101 For Dummies and so forth.
18) The English Language Is All Greek To Me;
19) The Many Pleasant Surprises in Writing;
20) The Writing's On the Wall (ebook/iPad)
21) Why I'm Reluctant To Call Myself a Humor Writer;
22) Writers Often Get the Short-End Of the Pencil;
23;ATTENTION WRITERS; Wanna To Get Published? (come see);
24) Writing Can Be Therapeutic For Me;
25)Writing Dialog; Oprah Wimpy and Frumpy;
26) SOS! My Serious and Silly Articles (popularity list)
27) SOS! My Serious and Silly Articles (page 1)
28) SOS! My Serious and Silly Articles (page 2)
"Most of us can read the writing on the wall, but we just assume it's adressed to someone else." Irvin Ball
In the year 2011, I realize I have one foot in the grave at the age of 66, but I think back to when I was in my 40's. At that time, I improved on my writing skills, so I completed three writing courses; the Writers Digest course; the National Writers Club course; and a Creative Writing course at the University of New Mexico. It's one of the best things I've done with my life! If you want to improve yourself in any area of your life...you're going to have to pay the price, and do your homework! There's no free lunch!
"Writing is easy! All you have to do, is to stare at a blank piece of paper or screen, until drops of blood form on your forehead." Gene Fowler
It will be the reader that will always judge whether I am a good writer...with good ideas. I have nothing to do with that...it will be the reader, through their support of my writing, that will make a difference as to whether I succeed in writing...or I don't.
SITE MAP For Hopelessly Lost Souls;
Copyright; 2011; Jerry Aragon; The Humor Doctor;