What you and I think about ourselves has more to do with what you and I were taught to believe. And most of it was a social lie.
Need a new F.O.R.M.?
No we're not discussing body reshaping garments (some of which feel more like shape-shifting bodybags preparing us for mummification).
We're talking about ways that we all can relate to other people where we are not the center of a keyboard's attention. (It's hard, I know...some of us were neglected as children...didn't get to watch all the tv we wanted....some of us actually had household responsibilities...but I digress...)
The way I was taught at good old Ball State University's grad school public relations program, F.O.R.M. is an acronym for the following--(take it or leave it--my non-tax deductible educational non-refundable thousands of dollars said this what I bought based on the instructor's mood)
F: This is usually centered around the question, “What’s up?!”
O: Depending on the circumstances, this encounters a discussion of--or lack of--an occupation.)
R: This letter center on moving the conversation into what people are doing outside of their occupation to keep their sanity, or if they are too out of balance, what’s making them insane.)
M: Often times this is the code letter for money, motivation, or something that gets people thinking about something they really wish they could do, but have no clue as to how to get started. In other words, their “Plan B.”
Let's see how many of us can brain-wrap our heads around this new kind of "F.O.R.M."
Freedom: We all made a choice. 95 percent of America made a choice to remain stuck in their situation, the other 5 percent of us decided to dream it, draw it, decide and do regardless of how long it takes to accomplish what we decide for ourselves, and NOT what others have decided for us so that they may frolic in the sweatpool of those they oppress.
Originality: When we selected the business that we own, even if it is a publicly traded franchise model, it should never have made us a drone. It should have given us the ability to be ourselves, and in doing so by watching others who are successful in our field, we now are on a path—no matter how many obstacles may come against us, to FREE ourselves!
Re-Ignite: It rains in the rain forest…does the sunshine say “Oh crap, because it’s raining in the forest I’m never going to shine there anymore?” What is the energy source that keeps YOU shining as you project your own originality in a proven pattern to obtain YOUR freedom? Dry up those woe-is-me-my-business-is-in-a-slump blues, put on your hip boots and get thru the muck because your chosen profession as a business owner is a rainforest of beauty and possibility that NO one else can mine the riches, except for you.
Your dream of freedom is the sunshine the moves your entrepreneurial solar panels. Pull back those shades of doubt…let the sunshine in.
Momentum: Now you are empowered. Are you going to allow the fact as other financial reservoirs around you are withering up and no longer viable keep you from being a fresh voice in a parched business world? Move throughout your community, your region, and your globe. Internet powered multi-trillion dollar companies are the wind that ignites your dream, creates an original vibe that makes you stand out above the summits, and when you reach that summit, cry FREEDOM!
Then come back down into the muck and mire, take someone else with you. Leave those behind who are caught up in the quicksand of blaming a recession for their failure.