Everyday, to me, is for giving 'thanks':
1) for God ... He lightens my load and leads me daily to do the best I
can, be the best person I can be.
2) for LIFE even though my mother took medication to prevent miscarriages during her last six pregnancies (DES) that has caused multiple tumors (fibroid, benign thus far) in all of us girls. (I have four sisters and one brother though my older sister and my brother are now deceased.)
3) for LOVE ... friends and family are DEAR to my heart, soul and body.
Each has a purpose and, though we don't always agree, I make an effort to compromise whenever possible ... like a reed, I'm flexible to changes.
4) for shelter, a home I enjoy
5) for acceptance despite the fact that I, being totally deaf, often make
mistakes. I 'own up' to them - - large or small for deafness is difficult to 'hide.'
6) preventive medicine as I'm now 'ok' again ... devoid of polyps and tumors for a while
7) all the things LIFE offers, traveling, writing, drawing, reading
8) that I DON'T 'take things for granted.' Even if I'm not always 'Johnny
on the spot' for others, I genuinely care about/for others known or
9) for food because, having known hunger as a child, I know how that gnaws on a person
10) for preserverence and patience as we don't always get what we want when we want it. I pray to accept whatever God bestows or throws my way, to deal with it, cope without doubt for He never gives us more than we can bear
11) each and every day, the five senses, the beauty of the world, music
(though I can 'hear' it only through vibration ... touching the stereo, radio or being barefoot), joy, etc.
12) for YOU ... accepting me/my friendship ... despite my slowness in
responding, my depression and mistakes. God doesn't make JUNK though I'm still a work in progress.
May all your days and your life be filled with Thanksgiving, the harmony
of being oneself with those whom they love, and may God keep us together through all the storms, trials, mankind endures.
God loves you and so do I,